European Union

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
You mean Our lot don't you Taffy?. I bet if they done a dna test on you it would show that you descendants came from llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch,
Sorry to disappoint you my Celtic friend but my surname stems from this....

English and North German: from a personal name or nickname meaning ‘stag’, Middle English hert, Middle Low German hërte, harte.German: variant spelling of Hardt name or a nickname from German. Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó hAirt ‘descendant of Art’, a byname meaning ‘bear’, ‘hero’. The English name became established in Ireland in the 17th century.French: from an Old French word meaning ‘rope’, hence possibly a metonymic occupational name for a rope maker or a hangman. Dutch: nickname from Middle Dutch hart, hert ‘hard’, ‘strong’, ‘ruthless’, ‘unruly’.

What have the Saxons done for us...
We keep you up in the mountains, like the Romans did....:D

TaffZee

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 SE
Sorry to disappoint you my Celtic friend but my surname stems from this....

English and North German: from a personal name or nickname meaning ‘stag’, Middle English hert, Middle Low German hërte, harte.German: variant spelling of Hardt name or a nickname from German. Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó hAirt ‘descendant of Art’, a byname meaning ‘bear’, ‘hero’. The English name became established in Ireland in the 17th century.French: from an Old French word meaning ‘rope’, hence possibly a metonymic occupational name for a rope maker or a hangman. Dutch: nickname from Middle Dutch hart, hert ‘hard’, ‘strong’, ‘ruthless’, ‘unruly’.

We keep you up in the mountains, like the Romans did....:D
More of a relief than a disappointment

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift in Montreal Blue

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
The Polish chap living next door and working for what he gets isn't our problem, it isn't necessarily "europeans" that are our problem. Our country has attracted foreign "communities" that have set up camp here and expect us to cater for their needs.

Will leaving the EU allow us to:
  • deport foreign nationals that don't contribute and don't integrate?
  • deny entry entry to anyone we choose and return them to their place of origin?
  • tackle to issues of "hate preachers" without falling foul of human rights laws and lawyers?
I can see lots of reasons for leaving the EU, but the middle east refugee issue isn't one, in fact, if we leave I could quiet easily see mainland europe channeling the whole lot of them in our direction,dumping them on our shores.
The current migrant/refugee situation we are seeing, why isn't the source of the problem not being sorted out? It is often stated that "we screwed up" by getting rid of Gadafi and Hussein, why aren't the global peacekeepers going back and sorting out these countries once and for all, including Syria, and making them safe for these people to return?

If we are to leave the EU, we need to grow some balls and become pretty nasty b@5tards for a while and conduct a bit of ethnic cleansing, but "the Pole next door" can stay.

Don't call me a racist, but you are welcome to call me a nationalist.

On the NHS, they let me down badly, well Emily the big fat "West African" physiotherapist let me down and she held the power, I paid for private health care when I needed the NHS the most. However, when I called for an ambulance for my brother it was there in minutes and the NHS saved his life.

I received this e-mail yesterday and was thinking of you guys in the UK:

Subject It isn't Fair ... But Then Nothing is in This Life!

upload_2016-2-28_9-53-28.png

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
I'm wary of reporting like this as it deflects from the 'homegrown' benefit fraudsters/layabouts which is massively ingrained and ever growing and probably too scary put into numbers.

When it comes to abuse institutions like the BBC run without sanction having openly employed predators and is accountable to nobody.

We also need to look at how the local culture/system make it possible for people to get away with things like this for ages. Blaming 'outsiders' is just papering over the cracks of the real problems.

Our system of dishing out benefits needs to be looked at and managed properly - instead of making meaningful changes (which cost votes) it seems all governments prefer to just blame the the EU, as if they have no control...convenient excuse for not taking responsibility I think.

My worry for Britain is the ever growing generations of homegrown 'benefit culture' young children that are making more young children - we have children bringing children into the world and yet they have no idea of how to be a parent, work or feel good about being a contributing member of society. This is toxic. Then you add massive drug/alcohol abuse to the mix.
We have it in every town and city but it's boring to report on nowadays I guess.

Will this change if we are in/out or will they just find something else to blame?

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I'm wary of reporting like this as it deflects from the 'homegrown' benefit fraudsters/layabouts which is massively ingrained and ever growing and probably too scary put into numbers.

When it comes to abuse institutions like the BBC run without sanction having openly employed predators and is accountable to nobody.

We also need to look at how the local culture/system make it possible for people to get away with things like this for ages. Blaming 'outsiders' is just papering over the cracks of the real problems.

Our system of dishing out benefits needs to be looked at and managed properly - instead of making meaningful changes (which cost votes) it seems all governments prefer to just blame the the EU, as if they have no control...convenient excuse for not taking responsibility I think.

My worry for Britain is the ever growing generations of homegrown 'benefit culture' young children that are making more young children - we have children bringing children into the world and yet they have no idea of how to be a parent, work or feel good about being a contributing member of society. This is toxic. Then you add massive drug/alcohol abuse to the mix.
We have it in every town and city but it's boring to report on nowadays I guess.

Will this change if we are in/out or will they just find something else to blame?
Sound words indeed. We have a massive culture in the UK that are on the benefits "life style" way of life which costs us a fortune. Easily sorted but poloticians need to make a stand on our behalf.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Unfortunately these people have a vote.
But a very small amount have the will or knowledge to use to their advantage, they just rely on other people to look after them.

Tony.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
But a very small amount have the will or knowledge to use to their advantage, they just rely on other people to look after them.

Tony.
Guided by those that should know better Tony :mad:

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z

oh, i agree, but if European human rights laws don't allow us to deal with foreign rapists and paedophiles, what chance do we have of sorting out home grown spongers without EU interfering?

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
oh, i agree, but if European human rights laws don't allow us to deal with foreign rapists and paedophiles, what chance do we have of sorting out home grown spongers without EU interfering?
European human rights laws come from the European Court of Justice which is absolutely nothing to do with the EU. In or out will make no difference to those laws.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
European human rights laws come from the European Court of Justice which is absolutely nothing to do with the EU. In or out will make no difference to those laws.
That's the trouble people are looking for someone or something to blame for the banking crisis,the war in Syria ,Al quida,the taste of their coffee ,the straightness of a banana and the fact that the Union Jack has been used as a form of racial taunt by Britain first and the BNP and any other fascist organisation that wants to stir up racial tension.try and look at what the real problems are,not just the easy option and then make your decision. @EnthuZiaZT mentioned the bus about getting on the bus analargy ,we are already on the bus and we know where we want to go we may have a few mechanical problems and a few more have got on board but we have a hand on the steering wheel and we can get there together .or we can walk cos I don't see any more buses and trotters 3 wheeler only has room for the ones that can pay.2016 and we can't work together what's the world coming too we seem to be regressing to the 1930s.

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
As others have observed in this thread, facts and truly objective assessments are hard to come by. Wherever you look in the media there is a vested interest of some sort. So the only sensible thing to do is to read widely across the full spectrum of sources (for and against) and decide who you disbelieve the least!!

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
I stand very much corrected. @Gail has highlighted an error on my part. I'd assumed the European Convention on Human Rights had come about after the formation of the EU. I've just read it and its history and the ECHR was created much earlier in 1953.

I do feel that certain aspects of ECHR are outdated, as demonstrated by the Abu Qatada fiasco a while back, and its recent use preventing us expelling the romanian rapist. Reading it, I get the terrible feeling the ECHR will cause us a whole heap of trouble should we exit the EU without tackling the ECHR at the same time.

I sense trying times ahead.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I think that the Human Rights Act is akin to the 1974 HASAW in that it is a good thing brought in for all the right reasons, however, certain members of society use and abuse it to meet their own needs thus giving it a bad name. Oh, and make shed loads of money at our expense.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
That tells a story in that the EU needs us more than we need them. 5th largest economy in the world, second largest contributor in the EU behind Germany, best recovering economy in the World. .
That's why the Americans said it will be a shock if we leave!!!

Mike