What have you bought for your Zed this week?

backseateducation

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
My primer and paint arrived today for the battery tray. Also a cheap bluetooth stereo - I don't have any CDs anymore, and there are so many of these generic headunits on ebay I thought I'd take a punt for less than twenty quid. With that and an airbox on it's way i should have at least a mornings work to do at the weekend.

jonobradley

Model of Z
Z3 2001, 3.0 Manual
My primer and paint arrived today for the battery tray. Also a cheap bluetooth stereo - I don't have any CDs anymore, and there are so many of these generic headunits on ebay I thought I'd take a punt for less than twenty quid. With that and an airbox on it's way i should have at least a mornings work to do at the weekend.
Highly recommend this bluetooth Sony unit from halfords, was only £50 last Aug as the more expensive ones I wanted were out of stock. This one has built in microphone so no need to root the mic cable, just plug and play and got rid of the old original clarion unit. Really happy with it.

Attachments

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Highly recommend this bluetooth Sony unit from halfords, was only £50 last Aug as the more expensive ones I wanted were out of stock. This one has built in microphone so no need to root the mic cable, just plug and play and got rid of the old original clarion unit. Really happy with it.
I got a similar one last year, colour matches my red interior as well lol

jonobradley

Model of Z
Z3 2001, 3.0 Manual
Just booked my car in for a backbox delete and custom stainless 3.5" tailpipes to cat pipe instead of standard 2.75", should hopefully fill the gap better as well as a meaner growl :)
Had work done on previous cars here (Exhaust Doctor in Newcastle and highly recommended)
Will post pics on the 12th Feb.

Last edited:

backseateducation

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
A Pipercross panel filter turned up today to go in the airbox I've just bought.
Also a bottle of Kurust, I was going to go and buy some today in prep for doing my battery tray but a search of the workshop at work turned up a small unopened bottle.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
They look well. :thumbsup:

Tony.

jonobradley

Model of Z
Z3 2001, 3.0 Manual
Just booked my car in for a backbox delete and custom stainless 3.5" tailpipes to cat pipe instead of standard 2.75", should hopefully fill the gap better as well as a meaner growl :)
Had work done on previous cars here (Exhaust Doctor in Newcastle and highly recommended)
Will post pics on the 12th Feb.
New Pipes fitted - loud as expected but that's what I wanted, sounds amazing!!!! Kept original backbox for future just incase.

20220212_134539.jpg

20220212_162940.jpg

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
I came across this site, JF Customs that does leather work for Z3, e85 and e89. some of it looks good, different colour leather and stitching also some alcantara. The leather covers for the e89 roll hoops caught my attention.

Hi Niall, I got all the trim for my Z3M retrim from these people. It was my 2nd attempt at retrimming a Z interior so I had a reasonable idea of how to do it (plus help and advice from @Southernboy) and if I am honest their cuts were very snug. I did feedback that they could have done with extra material on the endges to help with the gluing, especially around items like the dial dome etc but they said the items came from a different supplier and they had no influence to change their patterns.

Things like Handbrake and Gear stick gaitors were good though and they have found their way from my old Z3M onto my new one with the M stitching etc.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Something mundane. New LED bulbs to replace the P155 poor original 5W incandescent bulbs in the reversing lights on an E89 Z4.
20220216_115253.jpg

The LEDs are much brighter.
20220216_115158.jpg
20220216_115057.jpg

From eBay.
20220216_115427.jpg

Alloy body and Canbus ready.
20220216_172843.jpg

I'll get some pics when it's drier and much less windy.

Tony.

Zomerset

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
I got myself personalised plates with my initials followed by Z 111.

I have always considered people with fancy plates to be vain fools. I am not sure whether I was wrong, or whether I am now just one of them!