What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Much better Niall. Well worth it I think.

Tony.
Not surprised your other were bad they should have been 16w not 5w ;) Anyway do you have a link for those LEDs by chance?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
They were 16w Niall, I looked at the wrong bulb.

Tony.

Zomerset

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Hi Niall, I got all the trim for my Z3M retrim from these people. It was my 2nd attempt at retrimming a Z interior so I had a reasonable idea of how to do it (plus help and advice from @Southernboy) and if I am honest their cuts were very snug. I did feedback that they could have done with extra material on the endges to help with the gluing, especially around items like the dial dome etc but they said the items came from a different supplier and they had no influence to change their patterns.

Things like Handbrake and Gear stick gaitors were good though and they have found their way from my old Z3M onto my new one with the M stitching etc.
Very interesting products. I have never been completely convinced by my Z's interior. Just how hard is it to retrim with these parts?

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Very interesting products. I have never been completely convinced by my Z's interior. Just how hard is it to retrim with these parts?
Not easy... both Barry and I have done it twice on 2 different cars each... 1st time because you can and want to, 2nd time cos you know you can and want to get the new car looking perfect having learnt your mistakes from the 1st time. Both of us have said we would seriously have to consider if we wanted to do it a 3rd time... This is the situation I find myself in at the moment having sold the 1st car, and then crashed the 2nd one, I am now onto my 3rd car (2nd M) and I always hate that they didnt put the extended leather trimmed dash in as standard...

To get round this I have bought a proper OEM extended stitched leather dash that is in red and currently in the loft - the plan this summer may be to redye that one and then fit it to the car. I managed to salvage some of the other parts from my old M which I might also fit. (a decision which is marmite to some members but this way I will atleast always retain the original parts if I ever want to go back to OEM.)

With respect of the items from this seller, as I say, the cut of the templates is very snug and therefore gives you very little extra material to wrap over a glue meaning that the leather will shrink in sunlight and expose the plastic underneath on the dial dome etc.

For a write up of what I did click on the blue links below and youll see the retrimming story and photos of the whole process.

Zomerset

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Not easy... both Barry and I have done it twice on 2 different cars each... 1st time because you can and want to, 2nd time cos you know you can and want to get the new car looking perfect having learnt your mistakes from the 1st time. Both of us have said we would seriously have to consider if we wanted to do it a 3rd time... This is the situation I find myself in at the moment having sold the 1st car, and then crashed the 2nd one, I am now onto my 3rd car (2nd M) and I always hate that they didnt put the extended leather trimmed dash in as standard...

To get round this I have bought a proper OEM extended stitched leather dash that is in red and currently in the loft - the plan this summer may be to redye that one and then fit it to the car. I managed to salvage some of the other parts from my old M which I might also fit. (a decision which is marmite to some members but this way I will atleast always retain the original parts if I ever want to go back to OEM.)

With respect of the items from this seller, as I say, the cut of the templates is very snug and therefore gives you very little extra material to wrap over a glue meaning that the leather will shrink in sunlight and expose the plastic underneath on the dial dome etc.

For a write up of what I did click on the blue links below and youll see the retrimming story and photos of the whole process.
Thanks. Perhaps not for me presently then!

Idleness

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
After a 3 week wait the tan wind blocker arrived today from Holland, no customs duty to pay 😉
Fitted and all is fine, not had the car out yet to see how well it works, looking forwards to some sunshine.

Dakar Z3

Dakar
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 , Z4 Coupe 3.0si Auto
Decided to give my front brakes some love, also anti roll bar drop links, why not!
They didn’t really need doing but they looked awful and a bit sad behind my wheels,
Didn’t need to do the pistons and seals all good as new on both sides, result.
MEYLE high carbon coated discs
MEYLE PD brake pads
New brake hose
MEYLE HD Drop links
and a few tins of calliper HT paint.

Now for the rears………!

Attachments

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
Let us know verdict
Will do.
Normally use Maguires good product if a bit messy and splatters car if driven within 24 hours.
Always looking at alternatives.
If it looks clean and lasts main thing for me

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
I used an autoglym product that has held up a bit. Messy to put on though

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Just bought new stainless door handel covers, will fit them once we have warmer weather.View attachment 215139View attachment 215139
I added those on my Oxford Green 2000 Z3. Great addition.

Tony.

ps. Fit them now, you don’t need to wait for warmer weather just run a hot air gun over them after fitting to activate the double sided tape.

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I got these for my E89 today.
20220309_114236.jpg

I have been told by several members that they are very worthwhile and much less expensive than set of new badges.

Tony.