What have you bought for your Zed this week?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Or I could be boring and leave it as it left the factory. . . . . . .

Tony.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Meyle waterpump, Mahle/Behr thermostat & Mahle/Behr radiator. Bit of a cooling system refresh.

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That's true Ken.:)

Tony.

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
More detailing products. Do like 303 plastic cleaner so thought i would give their tyre dressing a try

View attachment 215131
First cover and considering tyres had not been done for a while went on well. As its a spray not a gel does go onto wheels but just wipes off.
Can just spray onto tyre but after spraying went round with the Maguires tyre applicator to ensure full coverage
Good coverage and less tacky than the Maguires to use. Overall not as shiny as Maguires Endurance but more natural looking a positive for me.
At £13 its slightly less than Maguires but will not last as long.
Another good product from 303 but probably a bit on the pricey side considering how many applications it will do
303 tyre result 2.JPG

303 Tyre result 1.JPG

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Like mine then. Chrome plated stainless Steel.

Tony.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I bought a set of GRP sills for manual Zed from Classic Coachworks. It's a job for later in the summer along with a new pair of front wings. I know there are various views about GRP v original but as arguably the two biggest panels on the Zed are plastic I decided to go GRP

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
On checking the brake pipes (an advisory on the last MOT) I found that not only some needed replacement, but there were also some oil leaks under the car. Not leaks to the extent that it left puddles on the garage floor, but leaks which I felt should be dealt with before long. 18 year old seals do perhaps need replacement after 112k miles I suppose. A lot of work so it went to my 'go to' BMW independent guy and on his lift I could see leaks at the end of the gearbox,the sump and from the oil filter housing. So as the propshaft was going to be disconnected I told him to replace the rubber connection (think it's called a 'guibo' or similar) . The part isn't expensive so made sense while everything was off underneath. Well that's lightened my wallet, but must keep 'Kiwi' running smoothly and safely.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
As long as it securely mounted and not excessively loud there no reason why it would not.

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
20mm hubcentric spacers for the rears. Style 78s back on for the season, wheels balanced and hubs cleaned and sanded down with a smear of copper grease to make removal easier. Runs like a magic carpet, absolutely sublime and the best its ever been.
20220407_100458.jpg

20220407_100508.jpg