Sean d progress thread

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Managed to get 4 hours in today, got all the interior back together, it needs a good valet and a final polish, still got 2 wheels to paint, also got my gear knob badge, looks brand new now for £9.00, manged to get some pics outside but the sun was dropping and they are took on my phone so not so good, Still waiting on a couple of badges
View attachment 25780 View attachment 25781 View attachment 25782
Nearly there mate, not long 'till spring :thumbsup:

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I bet you are well pleased with the outcome of your expertise - your car looks exceptional and a result of your hard labour too!! Many more years left in this restoration! :)

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Nearly there mate, not long 'till spring :thumbsup:
Seems like an age mate, nearly taxed and insured it today as the vectra is off the road, had a mechanic look at it today and he said "whatever you do, DON'T DRIVE IT" so I have lost my legs for the weekend, its booked in on Monday, looks like it might be timing chain tensioner but won't really know until the top comes off.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I bet you are well pleased with the outcome of your expertise - your car looks exceptional and a result of your hard labour too!! Many more years left in this restoration! :)
Thank you very much David, yes I am really happy with it and hopefully it will give me many years of pleasure.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Seems like an age mate, nearly taxed and insured it today as the vectra is off the road, had a mechanic look at it today and he said "whatever you do, DON'T DRIVE IT" so I have lost my legs for the weekend, its booked in on Monday, looks like it might be timing chain tensioner but won't really know until the top comes off.
Just as well the Vectra was caught when it was, big bill otherwise. Yvonne's Galaxy water pump failed a few months ago, took out the cambelt ......... £1300 ish later :arghh:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Had to drive my Zed to work, in the rain I might add, whilst the Mrs used my Freelander for the school run etc :bashhead:
I know which I would rather drive ;) I need to check mine out before it goes outside as it was damp inside the drivers foot well when I got it, I have cleaned out the drain holes but need to give it a good look at,

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Really looks good Sean far too good to let somebody else use. Hope the vectra is sorted easily.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Don't be tempted to use it to soon. Give the paint a chance to harden further and avoide contact with road salt.

Mike

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Don't be tempted to use it to soon. Give the paint a chance to harden further and avoide contact with road salt.

Mike
Mike, the plan is to leave it until at least March but needs must, if the Vectra is going to be off the road for any amount of time I am just going to have to bite the bullet,

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
I realise it's hard for you Sean, but you have gone to such a lot of trouble to restore your Zed and made the car look amazing, I would hate for you to spoil such lovely work unintentionally.

Mike

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I realise it's hard for you Sean, but you have gone to such a lot of trouble to restore your Zed and made the car look amazing, I would hate for you to spoil such lovely work unintentionally.

Mike
Have you checked the rubber above your A-Pillars?
I have Mike and it looks good

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I can't believe my zed is sat in the workshop alongside my vectra and I am having to get a bloody bus to work, the journey is 11miles and takes 45 mins and then I have a 3 mile walk, was so tempted to put the zed on the road today, on the up side the vectra was opened up and the timing chain tensioner was seized, so replacing the lot chain, guides and tensioner,

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Sounds like a lucky escape with the Vectra Sean. Nice one.:thumbsup:

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Been there and taken the risk, glad it worked out good mate.:)

Tony.

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Great news on the driving lessons, bad news on the hand over of the Zed mate :arghh:
Zeds are like a Terrys Chocolate Orange, they're not for sharing :wideyed:
Haahaa I share mine with @Mnbrennan and Iv driven his :p
Zeds are for sharing they have enough Zed love to go round :happy:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Thats it !!!, that parts came for the vectra today and they have sent the wrong kit, I can't go another 2 days on the bus so the Zed is going on the road, going to tax it tomorrow, :nailbiting: