Sean d progress thread

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Only got an hour on the car today, fitted new badges and led side lights, wow how much brighter are those, re-fitted the rear badges so that both ends now done, had a couple of bulbs out so replaced them, thats all lights now working but I think I need to change the head lights as they look really yellow against the side lights, what can you recommend please,

View attachment 25660 View attachment 25661
Not sure but I think @t-tony has done his lights and may be able to help?

Sorry if that's not the case Tony.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I agree the sidelights definetly stand out but unfortunetly I can't recommend what to do with the headlights. Do love the paint though!! JIM

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thanks and timely, no boot light in my car since I bought it.
Check the wiring well Andy, that's likely what caused Dino d's fire last year also on Roy's too if I remember right.

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Thanks and timely, no boot light in my car since I bought it.
Mine didn't have a bulb in the boot so I thought it might have been taken out because the switch didn't work and it might be draining the batter, so I put the bulb in and that worked so I thought it might not be turning off when you close the boot, the problem is you can't see in when the lid is closed, so I put my phone on record and put it in the boot and closed the lid, watched it back and it turned off fine, :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Not sure but I think @t-tony has done his lights and may be able to help?

Sorry if that's not the case Tony.
I fitted a set of all chrome headlights from the USA, bulbs were Osram night breakers (just put some on the 4), I tried some of the ultra white bulbs of eBay which looked good but the actual light on the road was poor. Other option is a HID kit Sean.

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Cheers Tony, will do. I'll also do a @Sean d did and check it goes out OK.
Mine wasn't working when I got mine Andy. It had been disconnected at the fitting, which I thought was a bit suspicious, so checked the wiring which was OK. Reconnected and all worked fine, also did the phone test a few times just to make sure the switch broke the circuit every time the lid was closed.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Not been near the zed for a couple of days as we are to busy in the shop, looks like it will have to go on hold for a while as my daily runaround (2.2 Vectra SRI) has suddenly developed a serious problem, not sure what yet but I think it might be timing chain issues, it sounds like a very noisy diesel even though it is petrol.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Not been near the zed for a couple of days as we are to busy in the shop, looks like it will have to go on hold for a while as my daily runaround (2.2 Vectra SRI) has suddenly developed a serious problem, not sure what yet but I think it might be timing chain issues, it sounds like a very noisy diesel even though it is petrol.
That's not good, hope it's a quick and cheap fix.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
That's not good, hope it's a quick and cheap fix.
Cheers Andy, forgot to mention that Carrie had her first driving lesson today, 2 hours and she loved it, she's like an excited kid on exmas day, recons that the zed will soon be hers :wtf:,

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Cheers Andy, forgot to mention that Carrie had her first driving lesson today, 2 hours and she loved it, she's like an excited kid on exmas day, recons that the zed will soon be hers :wtf:,
Great news on the driving lessons, bad news on the hand over of the Zed mate :arghh:
Zeds are like a Terrys Chocolate Orange, they're not for sharing :wideyed:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Managed to get 4 hours in today, got all the interior back together, it needs a good valet and a final polish, still got 2 wheels to paint, also got my gear knob badge, looks brand new now for £9.00, manged to get some pics outside but the sun was dropping and they are took on my phone so not so good, Still waiting on a couple of badges
c16.jpg
c18.jpg
c22.jpg