Sean d progress thread

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
Looks superb I know where I will be dropping off my car if this is the standard you do for your customers as well.

After all the effort you have done I would not drive it a while for the paint to cure and then have the front bumper wrapped in protective film. I had a front bumper respray some time ago and did not take long for the gravel rash to start.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Looks superb I know where I will be dropping off my car if this is the standard you do for your customers as well.

After all the effort you have done I would not drive it a while for the paint to cure and then have the front bumper wrapped in protective film. I had a front bumper respray some time ago and did not take long for the gravel rash to start.
Thank you very much for your kind words they are much appreciated, the standard of work is just what we do every day, in my job there is no middle ground, its either right or wrong and to be honest as its my own car I have cut one or two corners that I will put right next time I paint it.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Had another 5 hours today, that now takes the total to 148, fitted the n/s splash guards and jacking points, prepped the wheels for painting and started the machine polish process, took a couple of snaps as it was quite bright outside and it was parked near the doors and the flip tones stood out quite nicely
a7.jpg
a8.jpg
a9.jpg

Kit

AKA Ken
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Auto
Thats looking great

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
I like that a lot and it's still half covered in brown paper and parked in a shed!! Will be lovely to see in a nice setting.

You made the right colour choice- classy but still stand out, not brash. looks better on the Z curves than it does on the i8!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Looking really good Sean. Good job:thumbsup:

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Excellent work - your car is looking great - to be driven on dry days only please!:cool:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Beautiful looking car Sean, I said it before, I can't believe it's the same one Ant, Andy, Roy and I saw at Upton that Sunday. Truly a credit to your skills mate. :thumbsup:

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Thanks Guys, had 3 hours this morning and machine polished the last of the panels, it will still need a final fine polish but I am going to wait until its ready to leave the shop, also fitted the mirrors, both door window seals and handles plus put the front end together minus the moment of madness :whistle: I can't stop looking at it, I bloody love it.
aaa.jpg

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks Guys, :whistle: I bloody love it.View attachment 25529
Looks supurb Sean a vast difference from the silver car we met in the car park on our mini meet.
You should be proud of it and a zed that adds a smile, :) its one thing this little car gives you lots of smiles per mile its a start of a great relationship one your going to enjoy very much Top man and a top job !:scorecard:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Looks supurb Sean a vast difference from the silver car we met in the car park on our mini meet.
You should be proud of it and a zed that adds a smile, :) its one thing this little car gives you lots of smiles per mile its a start of a great relationship one your going to enjoy very much Top man and a top job !:scorecard:
Thanks pal, the actual process of restoring shell is rather intimate as you really get to know the car, I have been meticulous when it comes to the fine detail, all the bolts and screws that where removed have been cleaned painted and greased before they where put back, I have also been servicing various parts of the car as I have been going, all moving parts inside the doors including windows guides, locks, door handle mechanisms, winder mechanisms, check straps, basically any moving parts have been stripped of dirt and grease and thoroughly regreased, I refer to this process as "tinkering" and its something I really enjoy,

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Wow wow wow how have I missed this thread @Sean d you are amazing what an awesome job!!!well done :p:D:thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thanks pal, the actual process of restoring shell is rather intimate as you really get to know the car, I have been meticulous when it comes to the fine detail, all the bolts and screws that where removed have been cleaned painted and greased before they where put back, I have also been servicing various parts of the car as I have been going, all moving parts inside the doors including windows guides, locks, door handle mechanisms, winder mechanisms, check straps, basically any moving parts have been stripped of dirt and grease and thoroughly regreased, I refer to this process as "tinkering" and its something I really enjoy,
It's that attention to detail which makes it a proper job Sean. My kind of work.:thumbsup:

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
My wife had a lovely surprise for me today, the phone rang and I heard her chatting, she came bursting into the room and told me the devastating news, she has only gone and booked her first driving lesson, we have been together 15 years and she has been terrified of driving, get the zed and she all of a sudden gets over her fear.