Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Gotta love wiejska

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
BBC 1 tonight, Paxman in Brussels, Who really rules us? Worth a watch considering this healthy debate. :)

Up the People's Popular Judean Front. =))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
BBC 1 tonight, Paxman in Brussels, Who really rules us? Worth a watch considering this healthy debate. :)

Up the People's Popular Judean Front. =))
Wasn't that Woolfie Smith? "Power to the people!"

Tony.

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift in Montreal Blue
life of brian, i think

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Wolfie was Tooting Popular Front

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Wolfie was Tooting Popular Front
Yes, I did know.;). Hello Ronald, hello Mrs. Buttersby. It's Battersby, it's Roland! Great TV show that.

Tony.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
No we are not, blaming EU for mosques, Stop cherry picking and twisting words for your argument
We are saying that Turkey and any other Islamic countries that join the EU will have the same effect on us where their towers will appear., as it has already happened with Mosques via migrants from Pakistan and India. But you believe it wont.

So my points have no truth in them?
Have we put even more strain on the NHS from the EU migrants yes or no? answer that?
Do we now need more school places for 'European' children, but with the same infrastructure?
Do they rent out houses that contain numerous working adults in them, but pay only one council tax ?
Is there a shortage of houses? but now more people wanting them?

Yes, they pay taxes, but is this used to directly fund the services they use up? I see cutbacks, not extra spend with all this new money?

Not in Wales though, so no wonder it doesn't affect you, but go to Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Telford etc and see the number of people that are there talking new 'European' languages. We have 3 Polish shops here now.
last count 31 mosques in England
1 in Wales
Muslims in England 5% of population
Wales 1%
The 2011 Census recorded 579,121 people born in Poland as resident in England, 18,023 in Wales, 55,231 in Scotland

I would probably feel the same if it didnt affect my area either.

But, as with anything political, it is all pointless (unless Boris gets the PM job)
any 'out' vote will be watered down by a government who still wants to stay in
They will just buy into free movement and trade agreements (which we already pay for anyway) saying that we had to.
Any out result will just be in name and not substance.
You do realise that less than half of the migration to the uk came from the EU,They are not really Muslim countries and probably not erecting mosques ,and everyone knows we need immigration but if our government restricted immigration to non eu well you know all this and I'm not going to change your mind and you've obviously thought it through that's your decision .i blame the government you blame the EU ,fair enough

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My impression is that people know it's the Governments fault but also that our governments hands are shackled by the European Government's meddling and overbearing intrusion into what we can or can't do in our own country, inside our borders. Much of this comes from the so called Human Rights acts which was embraced by Europe but backfiring big time now. Why can European Court of Human Rights have sway over the English High Court, just another example of not being able to rule our own laws .

Tony.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
ECHR are totally diffrent to the EU in fact I think Britain were the first signatory of EUHR I know they were big in setting it up .but it's separate difrent to the eu.but do we want less human rights ?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
In some cases definitely yes we do want less. Only one instance, where people in prison can have the right to vote after being convicted of crime and being sent to prison as punishment. In my opinion, if you get sent down after being found guilty you lose all your rights until after you've paid for your crime. As you say the ECHR and the EU are different things, but can you honestly believe one doesn't have influence on the other. You're very naïve if you do mate. This was the Blair Witches legacy to all of us.

Tony.

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
@Gail quite rightly corrected me on the origins of the ECHR a while back. After that, I found it and read it and its history.

Whilst is was appropriate when it was written, it is now very out of date. When it prevents us deporting foreign born rapists annd terrorists, it is clearly no longer fit for purpose.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
@Gail quite rightly corrected me on the origins of the ECHR a while back. After that, I found it and read it and its history.

Whilst is was appropriate when it was written, it is now very out of date. When it prevents us deporting foreign born rapists annd terrorists, it is clearly no longer fit for purpose.
That's a point I was trying to make, and I agree whole heartedly with that sentiment. As stated many migrant coming here aren't from Europe but they have the benifit of the protection afforded by the ECHR, even if they preach hatred of the "infidel" on the streets of London. There needs to change on that score alone. The ECHR is positive discrimination at work.

Tony.

Last edited:

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
That's a tough one @smiffy is it better to keep them where you can monitor them and know what they're up to or deport them to plan and plot against you from outside your jurisdiction?? Keep your friends close to you but keep your enemies closer comes to mind!! JIM

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
yes Jim, very close, 6ft below us would be ideal in many cases