European Union

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
this is about European movement of people not other immigrants. as the thread is intended
There are many here from Europe, and many more about to come if we stay in.
I notice you @Miller did not choose to answer any of my questions that you say are not facts.
Here they are again in case you overlooked them

So my points have no truth in them?
Have we put even more strain on the NHS from the EU migrants yes or no? answer that?
Do we now need more school places for 'European' children, but with the same infrastructure?
Do they rent out houses that contain numerous working adults in them, but pay only one council tax ?
Is there a shortage of houses? but now more people wanting them?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Hey @gookah, read @Zeti's post, I will quote part of it...

Austria example: you know how many immigrants they received? None! You know how many mosques they build? None. You know how hard is to receive Austrian citizen ship? Impossible! You know how can you hire an immigrant? After you had rejected five times an Austrian citizen offered by the Austrian labour office (what ever its name is!) And all rejections should be consistently argumented! So , if a government wants to protect what you want to protect, they can!

Its all down to your bloody spineless leaders within your Government, end of...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
houses that contain numerous working adults in them, but pay only one council tax ?
Sorry for OT here Pete, but that was the whole point of the dreaded Poll Tax, maybe, just maybe it wasn't such a crap idea. With hind sight it might have given more info on location of individuals? Bit late now ............................... :(

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
The Dutch Government were told, by all concerned, we are going to bomb the sh*** out of the Middle East, you have to join in.
They said no.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
this is about European movement of people not other immigrants. as the thread is intended
There are many here from Europe, and many more about to come if we stay in.
I notice you @Miller did not choose to answer any of my questions that you say are not facts.
Here they are again in case you overlooked them

So my points have no truth in them?
Have we put even more strain on the NHS from the EU migrants yes or no? answer that?
Do we now need more school places for 'European' children, but with the same infrastructure?
Do they rent out houses that contain numerous working adults in them, but pay only one council tax ?
Is there a shortage of houses? but now more people wanting them?
Because of the EU ,No,No,No,No

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The Dutch Government were told, by all concerned, we are going to bomb the sh*** out of the Middle East, you have to join in.
They said no.
Spain were in it up until the bomb went off on that train. They then withdrew, what can you make of that?

Tony.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
I was going to let this go but I can't,let me first say I'm a proud Welshman proud Brit and a proud European .But a couple of comments made me lol or I could of been offended .They were said with what I would call typical English arrogance.immigration I've known it since I was a child ,Welsh first language and didn't start to speak English till I was 4 or 5 and the ridicule and bullying I received from the way I spoke and spelt words, still winds me up now.the time Sarah and I wanted to buy our first house and a solicitor from the Midlands bought it as a holiday home.the outrage I felt about Welsh family's thrown out of their homes to supply water to England .Dont tell me I don't know about imigration .we have 3 Polish family's in the village their children learn Welsh it's lovely to see we have 1 phllipino and 1 from the Middle East .I can personally tell you they are more courteous respectful and hard working than many of our near neibours who were foisted upon us from ,Liverpool and the Midlands when we built a factory and council houses to bring them here and I can tell you many of them just came for a free ride.I could go on about so many instances of English arrogance .I don't hate the English many of my very good friends are English.Im proud to show anyone our country and heritage help them understand our culture.Trying to blame the Eu for Muslim immigration when you know it's not true but it suits you to believe it just makes me more determined to be European.Buy the way you are welcome here anytime from wherever you call home I'll be pleased to show you around :)

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Although we disagree on the "in or out" policy Hugh i ceratinly do not condone racism of any kind. I've not read back to see who has said what as I had given up on this thread to be honest as we were all going round in circles. My family fled poland and settled here many years ago so obviously I have no issue with simular events happening, my only concern is the amount allowed to cross in as the EU muppets are treading all over our UK muppets allowing immigraton to continue to ridiculous levels. There is a lot more to this referendum but for many people this is their single biggest issue.
I am now leaving this thread to look and discuss zeds! ;)

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Trying to blame the Eu for Muslim immigration when you know it's not true but it suits you to believe it just makes me more determined to be European.
Please point out where that was done.
I have said the onset of Turkey into the EU will bring in more muslims followed by their wailing towers, like the mosques followed Asian immigration
Mosques are nothing to do with the EU.. that happened before, but that was mentioned in reply to your belief that overrunning our churches would not happen,
Islam is the second largest religion now in England, and that is set to get a bigger proportion going forward. It is already bigger than Hinduism and Sikhism.

Like I said before, it wont change a thing and is a totally pointless vote, as whatever result happens the terms will be re-arranged as such that we keep the same things that we complain about now, All it means is that the opinions will be identified formally.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Please point out where that was done.
I have said the onset of Turkey into the EU will bring in more muslims followed by their wailing towers, like the mosques followed Asian immigration
Mosques are nothing to do with the EU.. that happened before, but that was mentioned in reply to your belief that overrunning our churches would not happen,
Islam is the second largest religion now in England, and that is set to get a bigger proportion going forward. It is already bigger than Hinduism and Sikhism.

Like I said before, it wont change a thing and is a totally pointless vote, as whatever result happens the terms will be re-arranged as such that we keep the same things that we complain about now, All it means is that the opinions will be identified formally.
You know I don't think I can answer you without offending you,and I don't want to do that.I found a couple of remarks offensive and I think I've had enough.we can agree to differ :thumbsup:

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
This thread just cracks me up, two Polish immigrants fighting a Welsh man...=))

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I was going to let this go but I can't,let me first say I'm a proud Welshman proud Brit and a proud European .But a couple of comments made me lol or I could of been offended .They were said with what I would call typical English arrogance.immigration I've known it since I was a child ,Welsh first language and didn't start to speak English till I was 4 or 5 and the ridicule and bullying I received from the way I spoke and spelt words, still winds me up now.the time Sarah and I wanted to buy our first house and a solicitor from the Midlands bought it as a holiday home.the outrage I felt about Welsh family's thrown out of their homes to supply water to England .Dont tell me I don't know about imigration .we have 3 Polish family's in the village their children learn Welsh it's lovely to see we have 1 phllipino and 1 from the Middle East .I can personally tell you they are more courteous respectful and hard working than many of our near neibours who were foisted upon us from ,Liverpool and the Midlands when we built a factory and council houses to bring them here and I can tell you many of them just came for a free ride.I could go on about so many instances of English arrogance .I don't hate the English many of my very good friends are English.Im proud to show anyone our country and heritage help them understand our culture.Trying to blame the Eu for Muslim immigration when you know it's not true but it suits you to believe it just makes me more determined to be European.Buy the way you are welcome here anytime from wherever you call home I'll be pleased to show you around :)
@miller1098 quote: "Buy the way you are welcome here anytime from wherever you call home I'll be pleased to show you around :)"

No truer words were ever spoken. My first encounter with a Brit on my initial trip to the UK was @miller1098 . He made me feel like I was part of his family. Although I had to be constantly corrected every time I said it was so nice to be in England and a voice politely reminded me: "You're not in England, you're in Wales". But I found the manner in which I was treated by Hugh and his family was no different that how all the members treated me......Gary, Mike and Sandy, Rev, Badboy, Mint, Grumpy, Stacey, MaryMac, Taffzee... this list doesn't end...it could go on and on. I can see how this issue is tearing everyone up, and it breaks my heart to see any animosity among such wonderful people. It's no mystery why people look to the UK and dream of being part of it!!!
We have similar problems here. We're all part of the whole world now more than we ever were in the past. I hope everything turns out for the best over there. Frankie

PS. Thanks for being nice to a guy whose grandparents were Italian, Hungarian and Austrian.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
This thread just cracks me up, two Polish immigrants fighting a Welsh man...=))
I was born in England, have Irish blood on my old man's side, Scottish blood on my old dear's side and was born on the Patron St. of Wales Day, St. David and I think everybody is great :)

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
This is my view for what its worth regarding Immigration and what we are faced with.
It is down to both the EU and also our Government.
The EU will not allow us to change things when our Government request. Like when they wanted to adjust Child Tax, make them wait a certain period before they can claim benefits and health care and limit the amount of Immigrants allowed THAT IS FACT.
With other laws what ever the EU bring in our Governments for some reason have to try and proove they are better by making whatever legislation is made and adding their part too it.
I am a Fire Engineer and we now have to work with Fire Systems that are EU Regulated yet go to Europe and find just one System that is better than one in the UK you wont, this is what is p---ing a lot of people off as they see their trades being dictated by the EU when the EU dont even adhere to it themselves. (remember the straight banana)
Our Government are too spineless to offer the EU Ultimatums regarding anything. FACT
At least if we come out we can say we F---ED it up and not blame anyone else at the moment a lot of things are getting F---ED up by the EU but they also do a lot of good in other areas.
We are one of the richest countries within the EU so i do think we will be fine to go it alone. The EU will not wont to trade with us is Bull--it
but we will also have the option to have free trade whith whatever country we chose to have it with. JMHO

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
ooh and by the way
We are the third largest in terms of population and the eighth largest as in area.

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
A very considered post @billz, very little emotion, just your take on things.

For me that is how we should all behave. Read widely on the subject, get what "information" we can from a variety of sources but recognise that real facts are thin on the ground because no country has left the EU before. Having done that, draw your own conclusions and decide how to vote. Whatever that decision is, do not judge others because they have reached a different conclusion. Never resort to snide or offensive remarks....just agree politely to differ. Ultimately the votes dropped into the ballot boxes will decide.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
A very considered post @billz, very little emotion, just your take on things.

For me that is how we should all behave. Read widely on the subject, get what "information" we can from a variety of sources but recognise that real facts are thin on the ground because no country has left the EU before. Having done that, draw your own conclusions and decide how to vote. Whatever that decision is, do not judge others because they have reached a different conclusion. Never resort to snide or offensive remarks....just agree politely to differ. Ultimately the votes dropped into the ballot boxes will decide.
Greenland left in 1985 over fishing rights

Gail

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 20i MSport
Greenland left in 1985 over fishing rights
Ok I stand corrected ..... but with all due respect to the Greenlanders I doubt it had quite the repercussions that our exit might have.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Ask if those not joining and forming the EFTA are struggling. Norway Iceland Liechtenstein and Switzerland They are now some of the dearest places to visit with wages to match. I have met people who live in Italy yet travel over the boarder to Switzerland to work every day as the wages are better but remaining in Italy makes it even better for them