ZedShed(Midlands).

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Will you have access to remove gear boxes to do clutch changes with that lift @t-tony?
Having checked the pictures on the eBay listing Mark, I would say yes you could as there is only 1 cross piece on the lift, right at the centre. With a car loaded "towards" the rams and safety bar I think it would be far enough forward to drop the gearbox.
20210222_005938.jpg

I will know better soon mate. Ramp manufacturing starts in the morning. Gary says it will likely be 2 weeks before he can spare time to collect the lift so I may have to swallow the delivery cost if I get impatient.

Tony.

Reactions: Rha

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Know anyone with a decent open trailer Tony?? then all you need is maybe a engine hoist cos that thing looks heavy. Will the supplier be loading it with a fork truck.??

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Know anyone with a decent open trailer Tony?? then all you need is maybe a engine hoist cos that thing looks heavy. Will the supplier be loading it with a fork truck.??
Yes mate they will load it for you. I measured the back step on the big blue Pikey van yesterday and its 26", I don't think my big jack would reach that high. The newer models come with heavy duty castors for maneuverability though.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
If you needs hands to help move into position, let me know I'll have a drive over
A generous offer Mark thank you, I may take you up on that.

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
When you post up your next Shed dates mate if I can I'll be all over it, don't need anything doing but a drive and chat :coolsteer)🍔☕

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well, I made great progress on the ramps today. I got both made. I had to fetch a box of screws from B&Q in Gainsborough. They certainly won't blow away in the breeze.
20210222_122741.jpg
20210222_132159.jpg
20210222_144040.jpg
20210222_144057.jpg
20210222_150127.jpg
20210222_150144.jpg
20210222_150202.jpg
20210222_153314.jpg
20210222_153319.jpg
20210222_170024.jpg

I need to make jig so I can cut these pieces for the run-ups.
20210222_170232.jpg

If anyone has any bright ideas please shout up. My plan is to screw it to a sacrificial piece of mdf.

Tony.

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
If you needs hands to help move into position, let me know I'll have a drive over
If you need more hands/ help Tony you know I'll drop in too.

Looking good so far :cool:

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Well done mate your getting there, those ramps look too good to keep driving on. Mind using mdf Tony as just a bit of damp seriously undermines its strength and getting it wet swells and distorts it.
I would come up poo if it wasn't so far and we weren't cocked down. Hope to see your camp soon maybe even put my coupe on it to check the pyre pressures. Lol

Boy.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I only intend to screw the wood to a piece of MDF so I can use it against the fence on my table saw Roy. After I get the 2 pieces cut in half (which leaves me with the 4 sides of the run-ups) the mdf is bin fodder :thumbsup:. I was going to use Plywood for the ramp tops but decent ply would've almost doubled the cost of the ramps so particle (OSB) boards it is. I'll take some pictures of the wood butchering and if it works I'll show you all. If it doesn't you won't hear about it.:p.

Tony.

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I would come up poo if it wasn't so far and we weren't cocked down. Hope to see your camp soon maybe even put my coupe on it to check the pyre pressures. Lol

Boy.

Dyslexic keyboard today? or are you pied?

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Blimy those drive on ramps look the bizz, I made do with reclaimed scaffold planks two wide and two thick to raise it enough to clear the lift. It comes packed ona custom built pallet and is extreamly heavy. Guy who delivered mine dragged the pallet off the lorry using a pallet truck using the tail lift then dropped it in my garage where I unpacked it and set it up.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I started with the idea of using scaffold boards mate, but as usual watching YouTube videos became expensive again. Probably half as much again as decent used scaffold boards but at least I got the fun of making these ones.

Tony.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Managed to pick my boards up at a local recycling centre, let me sort through their stock to find the best think I paid £30ish must say yours look nicer

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Our Gary got me the timber on his trade account so I got a good deal to be fair. When he dropped t off on Sunday we let Izzy entertain Grandma while he helped me to cut up the 8x4, I don't think I could've managed it on my own as I don't have an outfeed table for my saw (note to self).
We also trimmed some MDF he left he for a project he has on the back burner so it's now one step closer to completion. I hope to have the run-ups made tomorrow and have my Z sitting on them by end of day. We'll see.;)

Tony.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Shame we're still under a 'do not leave your local area' guideline or I'd be there too. Looking good though mate:thumbsup: