• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Z3 2.8 Induction Kits

Sharp3y, did you ever manage to sort a perfect kit solution out for the M52TU?
 
I’ve been running the original one for a while @inkey$

I still need to get round to rerouting the water pipes that run over the top of the OEM air box as they M ones go round the side of the engine bay which is much cleaner.

Does work though and dyno power is up on the ZedShed power boards.

Not sure if there have been any updates since the original design was done.
 
Sharp3y, did you ever manage to sort a perfect kit solution out for the M52TU?

As Mike said, the kit physically fits fine bit you need relocate the overflow pipe as it runs over the top of the oem airbox .

This should be a relatively simple job using dome heater hose and Jubilee clamps

But not something I'm looking to do as it shod be very diy-able
 
As Mike said, the kit physically fits fine bit you need relocate the overflow pipe as it runs over the top of the oem airbox .

This should be a relatively simple job using dome heater hose and Jubilee clamps

But not something I'm looking to do as it shod be very diy-able
I had to move the pipe on my 2.0l when I fitted the induction kit, when up to temperature the pipe is quite flexible and its easy to run it around the edge and cable tie in place
 
engine bay-001.webp

This is the best pic I have
 
I'll be having one of yours for the 2.8 pal, the sound on your vid sold it for me
 
I'll be having one of yours for the 2.8 pal, the sound on your vid sold it for me

Should have heard mine on the dyno at the last zedshed run, through the low RPM you could feel the bass pass through you when standing in front of it lol. Was brilliant.
 
Should have heard mine on the dyno at the last zedshed run, through the low RPM you could feel the bass pass through you when standing in front of it lol. Was brilliant.
What was your dyno result
 
I’ve been running the original one for a while @inkey$

I still need to get round to rerouting the water pipes that run over the top of the OEM air box as they M ones go round the side of the engine bay which is much cleaner.
.

Have you seen the price of the Z3M pipework? :eek:
 
Have you seen the price of the Z3M pipework? :eek:

Nope.. perhaps for the better!
I’ll have to try @Sean d ’s solution whilst the weather is warm to help pipe flexibility
 
ultimately you should be able to bend yours or just buy some radiator hose in the right size
 
ultimately you should be able to bend yours or just buy some radiator hose in the right size
Wondering why there are hard plastic pipes and soft rubber ones though? Just read through the messages we were swapping and the pipe is $36 in the USA and £120 plus VAT here!
 
Wondering why there are hard plastic pipes and soft rubber ones though? Just read through the messages we were swapping and the pipe is $36 in the USA and £120 plus VAT here!

yeah bonkers money here!

hard plastic is probably easier to manufacture assemble and looks better
 
View attachment 83166
This is the best pic I have

Was just thinking, when doing the pipe move is there anything you have to consider about flow direction? Ie does it need to run at a specific angle or anything like that?
 
Was just thinking, when doing the pipe move is there anything you have to consider about flow direction? Ie does it need to run at a specific angle or anything like that?

as long as the bottle is still the highest point it shouldn't make a difference
 
Back
Top