What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I bought this: Edding 4040 DECO MARKER

I had some of the black ABS plastic looking tatty, including the front edge of the soft hood and the CD43 Radio (more on that once I am done). When dry, the paint matches pretty well the plastic colour of the Z3.

elky

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Had a seizing front right calliper that caused big wobbling and vibration for almost 9 monthsx. So it was also an excuse to upgrade my brakes as I plan to hit a couple of track days in the summer. So besides the two new front calipers, I got Zimmermann racing discs with EBC green-stuff and braided steel brake hose lines.

Today got the chance to fit all the parts with the help of cousin 😁

Attachments

Last edited:

elky

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Another year and another MOT on the Z3with just one mention that hand brake is braking near side more.
Hahah I am also noticing that I am braking more towards the driver side (left) more, and I have an "MOT" in June.... so fun to see we all have approx. the same issues :whistle: Are you considering on fixing it or do you have to do it?

Richard29

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 Auto
I Will try and asjust it to even it up, but as car is auto i rarely use hand brake.
On another note what is the best way to disable headlight washer jets?

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Longer screws for the hood cover:

screws.jpg

Waste of time and money (30 squids), as the cover will not clip to them. I've found out that just the two front ones are more than sufficient though.

Daz7401

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
What’s the problem? I also bought these for mine and agree the price is a bit steep. I think you can buy the other part of the Tenax fastener as spares or definitely from eBay it that’s what’s broken.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
What’s the problem? I also bought these for mine and agree the price is a bit steep. I think you can buy the other part of the Tenax fastener as spares or definitely from eBay it that’s what’s broken.
Maybe I could buy the part that goes in the cover itself, but how do I fix it? There must be some special tool to add them to the cover, but is it worth considering the front ones work just fine on their own?

Anyway, the problem is that when I pull back the button (?), it just doesn't return to the locking position, hence not locking in place.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I've also bought new lower front suspension arms, which I will be fitting as a pair (thanks @t-tony) this weekend. I wanted it as a pair to the one Tony is selling me, but I couldn't find the Meyle one equivalent. I have gone for a Febi Bilstein instead.

lower-arm-right.jpg

P.S. AutoDoc supposedly had the Meyle part in stock, but after more than a week it was still showing an status of "waiting collection from courier", so I cancelled the order.

Daz7401

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
Maybe I could buy the part that goes in the cover itself, but how do I fix it? There must be some special tool to add them to the cover, but is it worth considering the front ones work just fine on their own?

Anyway, the problem is that when I pull back the button (?), it just doesn't return to the locking position, hence not locking in place.
The photo is just to show the parts. There are two holes in the front of the fastener, you can use a pair of circlip pliers or similar to unscrew them. The photo shows a dedicated tool.

Attachments

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 1.9 (M43)

Check out @AntStark comment about the fasteners on my post https://zroadster.org/threads/tonneau-on-check.53277/#post-746271

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Thanks @bombur. I tried to avoid tenax24.de, but I might have to get back to them… I got the cover from someone on this site, but I am not sure I can get (or would want to get ) a refund.

I will think about it though.

Edit: I think that when used stuff is bought, then we have to deal with the issues. I am of the opinion that buyers beware.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
So, I've got a fake (MG) BMW Business CD. Got some stuff going on to make it to look a bit more BMW like, and also the additional Bluetooth/USB module that I tried installing last Thursday. But, the locking screws in the head unit have their heads striped now. :confused:

Looking for some ideas here. Do I Dremel the head to form a flat blade slot, or is there something better? The perennial online advice to add some rubber bands to the screw head doesn't seem to work...

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Show me a picture or two Jose, I may have a cunning plan.

Tony.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Show me a picture or two Jose, I may have a cunning plan.

Tony.
I like cunning plans (Baldrick's voice)!

A bit dark now for photos, but I will take then tomorrow morning and post here. Cheers!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
New Air Con compressor drive belt and tensioner...
20230325_103045.jpg

And fitted...
IMG_0004 (Copy).JPG