What have you bought for your Zed this week?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I've been looking at these too Tony for the e89, I have fitted Black Diamond 12 grooved discs and Red Stuff pads to both Ms and found them excellent but very noisy, I would be interested to know how these are when you fit them. :thumbsup:
I had the same discs on the E85 that Roy has. I was very pleased, good braking with EBC pads (UltiMax) no noise and little dust. I'll admit to painting the pads yellow though. Going to paint the hub and edge of the discs like I did on the others with silver paint.

Tony.

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Ok, so I didn't *buy* this, but I made it. Is that still allowed?

my Z3 has an affinity for absorbing water, so until I get to the bottom of it, it's staying under a full cover. Problem is I want to keep it on my driveway between mine and my neighbours houses over winter instead of my front driveway (it's also better sheltered from the wind here too). But when it's parked here there is no access on the passenger side to pass the three straps for the cover that go under the car and buckle on the drivers' side.

So I created a thingimajig. I pass it under from the drivers' side, tie the strap buckles to the stringy bits and pull it back under.

Jobs a good en!
IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1434.jpeg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Great idea John.

Tony.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Following recommendations on here and as the Zed is likely to be sitting relatively still over next few months, something to keep the battery in tiptop shape.

Attachments

Daz7401

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
Since I fitted a 3.0 manifold to my 2.8 with a remapped ECU the exhaust valve has been permanently open. This sounds great but drones at motorway speeds (4 speed auto). Fitted this today, plug and play took about 15 minutes to fit and most of that was getting to the valve in the boot and finding a 7mm socket for the earth. It works great, I went for the closed at startup option. Now I have control of valve and was surprised at the difference it makes. It’s very noticeable when you can switch from one mode to the other.

Attachments

Last edited:

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Ok, so I didn't *buy* this, but I made it. Is that still allowed?

my Z3 has an affinity for absorbing water, so until I get to the bottom of it, it's staying under a full cover. Problem is I want to keep it on my driveway between mine and my neighbours houses over winter instead of my front driveway (it's also better sheltered from the wind here too). But when it's parked here there is no access on the passenger side to pass the three straps for the cover that go under the car and buckle on the drivers' side.

So I created a thingimajig. I pass it under from the drivers' side, tie the strap buckles to the stringy bits and pull it back under.

Jobs a good en!
View attachment 284481
View attachment 284477
View attachment 284479
The poor chap who comes to read that lectric meter won't be best pleased. Unless the house has a smart meter and the meter reader bloke has been sacked. Either way. He won't be best pleased.

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
The poor chap who comes to read that lectric meter won't be best pleased. Unless the house has a smart meter and the meter reader bloke has been sacked. Either way. He won't be best pleased.
I've lived here for 4yrs and the meter box has only been opened once - the day I moved in! 😂

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
I’d have paid extra if the date on newspaper my tank straps were wrapped in matched date my Z3 was manufactured.
There's websites, a few of them, you can go to to order an old newspaper for any date. We did it once for somebody's birthday :)

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Was that done in situ ? Good job if it was... if they had to take the dash out it might have been cheaper just to buy a second hand black dash