What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Vinny

Dedicated Member
Drove through a large pothole yesterday which puntured the side wall on my front nearside :confused: . Decided to replace both front tyres as they were getting a little low on tread and I am using the Z all year round

Always wanted to try Michelin Cross Cimate so had them fitted today £132 each 225 40 R18

It has made a massive difference in terms of lighter steering and reduce tramlining :)

Cant weight to see how they grip in cold wet conditions

Ordered a pair for the rear 255 35 R18 £150 each fitted & balanced

I wonder how I will get on with my claim against the local council?:mad:

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Drove through a large pothole yesterday which puntured the side wall on my front nearside :confused: . Decided to replace both front tyres as they were getting a little low on tread and I am using the Z all year round

Always wanted to try Michelin Cross Cimate so had them fitted today £132 each 225 40 R18

It has made a massive difference in terms of lighter steering and reduce tramlining :)

Cant weight to see how they grip in cold wet conditions

Ordered a pair for the rear 255 35 R18 £150 each fitted & balanced

I wonder how I will get on with my claim against the local council?:mad:
It has taken me 6 months, but I finally got a pay-out for replacing a tyre on my 5 series after hitting a pothole on the M25.

My advice is definitely do claim, persevere with them, and appeal *when* (not 'if') they reject your claim.

Their reasoning for rejecting my claim essentially boiled down to the fact that I was the one who reported it, and so they did not know about it and therefore were not liable.

i pointed out that that excuse was complete horsesh*t and that their own report said the pothole was twice as deep as required an "emergency repair" within 2hrs.

I also replaced the axle pair, although they only paid out for one. Worth a shot though, eh?

Good luck with your claim!

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Trim under glovebox. Old one was bent in middle, think someone didn't realise there were plastic screws holding it in. Anyway @spurs fan in a coupe came up trumps yet again!
"Someone"? wasn't that you climbing into your glove box fixing the hear controls? :)

Yup. That spurs fan is a national treasure. Although it is a sad to think of all the poor unloved zeds he must have seen off to that big track day in the sky. 😭

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
"Someone"? wasn't that you climbing into your glove box fixing the hear controls? :)

Yup. That spurs fan is a national treasure. Although it is a sad to think of all the poor unloved zeds he must have seen off to that big track day in the sky. 😭
Honest gov...When I took it off I noticed it..I would admit my error..how dare u doubt me sir! =))

elky

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Just fitted a new subwoofer because my previous one had a completely ripped cone (perhaps I'll re-cone it one day). The subwoofer holes didn't match but fixed it with some 3M double-sided tape.
PXL_20231015_162518828.jpg
And finally finished the Turner power pulley kit by fitting the alternator pulley which I had postponed for some months 😋
PXL_20231029_164046803.MP.jpgPXL_20231029_164019526.jpg

Last edited:

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
For my spinning door lock fix, door panel clips incase they break. I'm still not 100% I'm going to do this fix.
20231031_092627.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
A price would be helpful too.;)

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Not for me but for other Z3 owners.

Thank you.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I had some M-Tec drilled and grooved discs on my previous Z4 and as my E89 will want some fronts soon I decided some more of the same would fit the bill.

I got front ones with a discount voucher down to £88.19 a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303891850853 ( with another voucher these can now be bought for £70.00) :(

Then thinking about the so called Black Friday sale I had a look for some rear ones, which strangely are almost double the price.
However with another discount voucher these also came down, to £127.00 from £159.59

Next I'll get some new pads ready, which just leaves some Stainless Steel flexible hoses same as the old Z4.

These will be fitted in the coming months, no rush.

Tony.

Newbieowner

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Ny name is Newbie and I'm a Zedaholic ..... I have redeemed myself somewhat by recouping funds selling the hardtop and fittings (dont need it as car is going off to Spain with us), stock stereo and CD changer, old alloys and tyres, and the black leather seats - which brought in £1700, so all in all I've pretty much broken even - well thats what I tell the husband anyway!!

1) Replacement leather seats - changed my black ones for red and fit new bushes
2) Retro stock looking bluetooth blaupunkt stereo
3) Tonneau cover
4) Vanos upgrade kit
5) fun little lighter plug
6) Acrylic wind deflector
7) seat mounted cup holders
9) Brodit Z3 custom phone holder and mount
10) Veepeak OBD2 reader
11) New MAF sensor
12) Upgraded NGK sparkplugs
13) Rear windscreen fold cover
14) Replacement alloys and tyres in larger size - plus all new wheel bolts and caps
15) and finally a full valet, roof waterproofing, paint correction and cermaic coating

oopsie

Attachments

Last edited:

Newbieowner

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
It has taken me 6 months, but I finally got a pay-out for replacing a tyre on my 5 series after hitting a pothole on the M25.

My advice is definitely do claim, persevere with them, and appeal *when* (not 'if') they reject your claim.

Their reasoning for rejecting my claim essentially boiled down to the fact that I was the one who reported it, and so they did not know about it and therefore were not liable.

i pointed out that that excuse was complete horsesh*t and that their own report said the pothole was twice as deep as required an "emergency repair" within 2hrs.

I also replaced the axle pair, although they only paid out for one. Worth a shot though, eh?

Good luck with your claim!
we had the same - first claim rejected as "they did not know about it" so I requested under Freedom of Information Act all their inspections of that road in the last 3 months and voila - there it was, marked as needing to be repaired within 12 weeks as directly in traffic lane! Broke our alloy wheel and burst tyre so was worth fighting it. They straight up lied to us to try and avoid paying out.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
we had the same - first claim rejected as "they did not know about it" so I requested under Freedom of Information Act all their inspections of that road in the last 3 months and voila - there it was, marked as needing to be repaired within 12 weeks as directly in traffic lane! Broke our alloy wheel and burst tyre so was worth fighting it. They straight up lied to us to try and avoid paying out.
Well done on the FOI !

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I had some M-Tec drilled and grooved discs on my previous Z4 and as my E89 will want some fronts soon I decided some more of the same would fit the bill.

I got front ones with a discount voucher down to £88.19 a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303891850853 ( with another voucher these can now be bought for £70.00) :(

Then thinking about the so called Black Friday sale I had a look for some rear ones, which strangely are almost double the price.
However with another discount voucher these also came down, to £127.00 from £159.59

Next I'll get some new pads ready, which just leaves some Stainless Steel flexible hoses same as the old Z4.

These will be fitted in the coming months, no rush.

Tony.
I've been looking at these too Tony for the e89, I have fitted Black Diamond 12 grooved discs and Red Stuff pads to both Ms and found them excellent but very noisy, I would be interested to know how these are when you fit them. :thumbsup: