What have you bought for your Zed this week?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Only on "Banjo" bolts which I've never seen on a BMW. Seen them on VAG vehicles.

Tony.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Well I didn't buy them for the Z, but I thought I would jam em in there and see what the looked like.. they are 600mm long and silicone, an LED ever centimeter or so , thus any lighting effect seems fluid. on startup they chase a small block from centerline to outside back and forth once before flow filling from the outside in, takes about 2 seconds. in indicator mode they switch to amber and flow fill from the inside out, off then repeat..not everybody's thing, but I,m going to fit them properly because I quite like em...They sit nicely in the gap, and are just the right length, cheap as chips too..
20240202_074653 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Look forward to seeing them done Shawn.

Tony.

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Well I didn't buy them for the Z, but I thought I would jam em in there and see what the looked like.. they are 600mm long and silicone, an LED ever centimeter or so , thus any lighting effect seems fluid. on startup they chase a small block from centerline to outside back and forth once before flow filling from the outside in, takes about 2 seconds. in indicator mode they switch to amber and flow fill from the inside out, off then repeat..not everybody;s think, but I,m going to fit them properly because I quite like em...They sit nicely in the gap, and are just the right length, cheap as chips too..View attachment 289693
What/where from?

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0

Tony.
Ive just got to identify which wires to patch into, because I wont alter the existing lights, and upset flasher relays etc...

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0

Tony.
Actually Tony, I'm thinking. Have them come on with ignition period, there is a safety aspect in that. Tracking down an ignition hot supply should be easy enough. Indicators, yeah that one is easy..

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My old Boss had one of these for his Mk.2 Jag. Great bit of kit but make sure you don't get anyone on the garage roof.;)

Tony.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Well I didn't buy them for the Z, but I thought I would jam em in there and see what the looked like.. they are 600mm long and silicone, an LED ever centimeter or so , thus any lighting effect seems fluid. on startup they chase a small block from centerline to outside back and forth once before flow filling from the outside in, takes about 2 seconds. in indicator mode they switch to amber and flow fill from the inside out, off then repeat..not everybody's thing, but I,m going to fit them properly because I quite like em...They sit nicely in the gap, and are just the right length, cheap as chips too..View attachment 289693
Think they look better than Angel eyes & much, much cheaper. :thumbsup: Be interested to know where you wire it in when you get it fixed up properly.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
Think they look better than Angel eyes & much, much cheaper. :thumbsup: Be interested to know where you wire it in when you get it fixed up properly.
@Pingu has informed me what fuses are hot from ignition key position 1 up. I,m going to get one of those fuse tap thingo's and plug into one of those for the running lights so they are on all the time, such a small car should be made to stand out a little better IMHO, earth to a handy earth and a wire splice for the indicators L&R, exiting indicators kept.. I ducked up my shoulder so I'm taking it easy for a few days.. Keep you posted... :thumbsup:

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
@Pingu has informed me what fuses are hot from ignition key position 1 up. I,m going to get one of those fuse tap thingo's and plug into one of those for the running lights so they are on all the time, such a small car should be made to stand out a little better IMHO, earth to a handy earth and a wire splice for the indicators L&R, exiting indicators kept.. I ducked up my shoulder so I'm taking it easy for a few days.. Keep you posted... :thumbsup:
Thanks, we've nearly been wiped out on a number of occasions recently so some DRLs seem like a good idea!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Thanks, we've nearly been wiped out on a number of occasions recently so some DRLs seem like a good idea!
They are a good thing on a low car such as these. I was the first to fit them and post pictures on here and not everyone thought they were needed. They then followed suit.

012 (4).jpg

Tony.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
They are a good thing on a low car such as these. I was the first to fit them and post pictures on here and not everyone thought they were needed. They then followed suit.

View attachment 289867

Tony.
Where did you tap into for power Tony..I assume key position on 1 up..

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Where did you tap into for power Tony..I assume key position on 1 up..
IIRC I used the ignition feed for the original radio/cassette unit.

Tony.

Last edited:

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
There is a BMW optional modification to have DRLs. I fitted it to my first Z3. When you see what's involved, you can see why I wouldn't do it again.

It turns on the main beam lights, but at reduced voltage, when the ignition is at position 2.

Follow my links on the thread...

Last edited: