What have you bought for your Zed this week?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No it isn't. DRL come on when you start the engine, you simply can't "forget". Just as Bikers can't.

Tony.

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
It's certainly easier :)
Firstly as Tony said, I would forget to turn them on, and worse I would forget to turn them off..Its that memory disease kicking in I think. I forget what its called.. :whistle:

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
I bought a fuse tap for the aforementioned adultery to my ugly Z3, but its continued in my Electrical question as it does not belong here... :thumbsup:
Tron Lights... =))

Last edited:

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
What I have bought for the Zed this week (and it's only Monday morning :ymdevil:) is a Karcher K7 pressure washer!

I discovered my 10yr old K2 has developed a crack somewhere in the internals over the winter, so time for an upgrade!! Sadly this did put paid to my weekend plans to give the fleet the first wash of the year. I'm also hopeful that the extra pressure in the K7 will work better with the snow-foam, which was always a little disappointing with the K2 - it was suggested to me that this may have been due to insufficient pressure.

It's coming tomorrow, although with another cold snap this week/weekend, test drive plans may have to wait. Or I'll have to convince Mrs B to let me store it in the house, save it experience a similar fate to its predecessor!

(And on the subject of DRLs, a vote from me for the angel eye kits. A bit of effort to fit, but doable and I think the results speak for themselves
IMG_1191.jpg
)

elky

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
I am so confused with DLRs, in Denmark we have to turn on the full lights regardless if its day or night.
Moreover, sometimes I just turn on the fog lights as DLRs, isn't that a solution also?
Finally, how can you forget to turn-off the lights in a Z3 with that lovely nuclear warning sound? :joyful:

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
sometimes I just turn on the fog lights as DLRs, isn't that a solution also?
NO! Fog lights are for when there is fog (clue is in the name). The rears are incredibly dazzling and the fronts when the road surface is wet.

Why do you feel like you need DRLs if Danish law is for headlights to be on all the time anyway?

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
NO! Fog lights are for when there is fog (clue is in the name). The rears are incredibly dazzling and the fronts when the road surface is wet.

Why do you feel like you need DRLs if Danish law is for headlights to be on all the time anyway?
I see so many cars driving around at night with only the fog lights on. Most of the cars I’ve had won’t allow the fog lights to be turned on unless the the headlights are already on, but clearly this is not the case with a lot of modern cars. I suspect there’s a 50/50 split of people doing it on purpose and doing it out of ignorance and wondering why they can’t see very well at night.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I think they think they are "cool" using their car's foglights when there's no fog...idiots!

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
I see so many cars driving around at night with only the fog lights on. Most of the cars I’ve had won’t allow the fog lights to be turned on unless the the headlights are already on, but clearly this is not the case with a lot of modern cars. I suspect there’s a 50/50 split of people doing it on purpose and doing it out of ignorance and wondering why they can’t see very well at night.
It boils my p*** mate. What's funny is that these space cadets will then drive around with no lights on at all when it is genuinely a pea-souper.

I hate automation of lights/wipers etc in modern cars, but if someone could find a way for fog lights to come on automatically when it's foggy and be unavailable when it's not (also to turn off the rears when there is someone behind you), I'd welcome it with open arms!!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
When DRLs first came to the US market it was just fronts, but, they were so bright (unlike the drivers) that they were driven well into the dark hours displaying no rear lights at all.

Tony.

elky

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster

I don't need DRLs, as you said I just turn the headlights on. I was just curious how come its not the same in Britain... and btw the front fog lights are not blinding by any means and are stylish 👌 (yes I am one of those idiots sometimes but only in the daytime :angelic:).

Last edited:

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
I am so confused with DLRs, in Denmark we have to turn on the full lights regardless if its day or night.
Moreover, sometimes I just turn on the fog lights as DLRs, isn't that a solution also?
Finally, how can you forget to turn-off the lights in a Z3 with that lovely nuclear warning sound? :joyful:
Fog lights as DRLs yeah sure, a bit too low on an already low car, but I was referring to the side lights, or park lights as the are called, they are not obvious enough. but I'm curious, what Alarm ?, mine remains silent if I leave the lights on, don't tell me I have something else that doesn't work... :facepalm:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Sounds like it. Or not.

Tony.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Fog lights as DRLs yeah sure, a bit too low on an already low car, but I was referring to the side lights, or park lights as the are called, they are not obvious enough. but I'm curious, what Alarm ?, mine remains silent if I leave the lights on, don't tell me I have something else that doesn't work... :facepalm:
Some say that the “lights on” chime is shared with the the chimes used in KFC and McD kitchens.