Sean d progress thread

StephenM

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3L M Sport
Wow - amazing - I'm new to this forum and sat down and read all 39 pages of your thread in one go today. The transformation is incredible from what you started with to now. The agonising over colour and the helpful tips along the way made this a fascinating read and I shall certainly be pinching some of your ideas. I think the colour is great and I really love the halo headlights you have fitted (do these come on with the ignition? If they do I would be grateful if you could tell me what to wire them up to or recommend someone who could do that for me please). Thank you.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Wow - amazing - I'm new to this forum and sat down and read all 39 pages of your thread in one go today. The transformation is incredible from what you started with to now. The agonising over colour and the helpful tips along the way made this a fascinating read and I shall certainly be pinching some of your ideas. I think the colour is great and I really love the halo headlights you have fitted (do these come on with the ignition? If they do I would be grateful if you could tell me what to wire them up to or recommend someone who could do that for me please). Thank you.
Wow, thanks for the kind words @StephenM , these cars are so addictive, unfortunately the lights don't come on with the ignition, I have to turn them on when I get in, it would be even better if they came on with the central locking.

StephenM

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3L M Sport
Thanks Althulas, that helps, I think, I will have a look and see if I can make it work.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
My rears are on 20mm @Sean d and the rims are right to the edge of the arches.
20150405_100716.jpg

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
My rears are on 20mm @Sean d and the rims are right to the edge of the arches.
View attachment 36298
Cheers pal, It depends on the off set as to what you can get away with with, what is the off set on yours, I'm a bit dubious about changing it as it drives like a dream since I had the 4 wheel geometry set up, it did tram line like a bi*** before.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Et41 mate. I don't know if I would want to upset it if you've got it spot on. Difficult one.........

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Your wheels would be a lot further in if the car was lowered @Grumpy and 25 mm rears on a 50 offset and lowered should be fine i imagine.
I found that if you get a striaght edge on the arch and measure back to the rim lip it will give you a good idea if 25mm is correct or not.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Mines bad if you catch grooves in the road mate. Have to drive the car, you can't relax to much or it'll bite you on the arse!

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Your wheels would be a lot further in if the car was lowered @Grumpy and 25 mm rears on a 50 offset and lowered should be fine i imagine.
I found that if you get a striaght edge on the arch and measure back to the rim lip it will give you a good idea if 25mm is correct or not.
God its rock hard now Ant. Lower it, it would be unbearable!

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Mines bad if you catch grooves in the road mate. Have to drive the car, you can't relax to much or it'll bite you on the arse!
Its well woth getting the geometry done mate, mine was well out down one side, I can now drive it with one hand on the wheel, I have to say that it was perfect before I started messing with wheels and spacers

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster