Sean d progress thread

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
You should be happy mate its looking like a new car now !
Are they not working at all ? On some zeds there is a preloader relay for the heated seats fitted in the fuse box under the bonnet.
I thought this to be only on early cars though as mine was an R reg and all plugged up thee was no power to the switches.
Airbag light just a pretentioner i presume plenty of members with a rest tool but not big money.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
You should be happy mate its looking like a new car now !
Are they not working at all ? On some zeds there is a preloader relay for the heated seats fitted in the fuse box under the bonnet.
I thought this to be only on early cars though as mine was an R reg and all plugged up thee was no power to the switches.
Airbag light just a pretentioner i presume plenty of members with a rest tool but not big money.
The switches light up but no heat I'm afraid, I hate it when things don't work,

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
should be something simple, check the circuits!
The Zed looks fantastic!
It's screeming for a long holiday , next year!
Dan

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
should be something simple, check the circuits!
The Zed looks fantastic!
It's screeming for a long holiday , next year!
Dan
I'll take it into the workshop next week and take a look at it, I really don't like car electrics though.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Did you check out the seat circuits for continuity ? Checked mine for loop on all circuits found one without it (Drivers base pad) this was damaged so replaced the pad.
Did you rewire the seat harnesses? Can not be much.. Not a wrong wire with the pretentioner is it or is the airbag light on for something you know you did ?

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Did you check out the seat circuits for continuity ? Checked mine for loop on all circuits found one without it (Drivers base pad) this was damaged so replaced the pad.
Did you rewire the seat harnesses? Can not be much.. Not a wrong wire with the pretentioner is it or is the airbag light on for something you know you did ?
Could I have mixed them up mate, I have to say that I didn't check, I just put them together, I fitted the passenger seat first and put the ignition on whilst the original driver seat was in place, no airbag light, I then fitted the drivers seat put the ignition on and no light, when I took the car out of the shop the light came on, don't know why, in the end I used the bmw harness for the seats, so didn't have to cut any wires. I got very lucky with it, I took the car into the shop and looked at the wires, lost my bottle and called the BMW garage to see how much the harness would cost, when he said he had a set for £33 each I bit his hand off, I got them cheap as someone had ordered them 3 years ago and never picked them up

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
As you haven't cut any wires its unlikely and if it occured on a drive it may be a connection as you adjusted the seat.
If the wiring was a miss i would imagine it would have lit the light striaght away. Only coincidence would be if it came on when you tried the heated seat function.
From memory i can't remember the wiring think it may be a case of pulling a seat to check unfortunately.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I have an srs reset tool if you want to borrow it? I'm in spilsby if it helps and your Zeds looking great btw.
Thats great thanks, but I think I need to try and find the problem first.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
As you haven't cut any wires its unlikely and if it occured on a drive it may be a connection as you adjusted the seat.
If the wiring was a miss i would imagine it would have lit the light striaght away. Only coincidence would be if it came on when you tried the heated seat function.
From memory i can't remember the wiring think it may be a case of pulling a seat to check unfortunately.
Hey @Antm72 Carrie and I have just been for a cruise and her seat works a treat, she's over the moon with it, just mine to sort,

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
When you read the codes it'll give a rough area of where the problem is. If you want to borrow just give me a shout mate :thumbsup:
That would be great if I could borrow it Daz, thanks, will arrange to come and see you.

Gundun

Zorg Legend
Belgian Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Line Individual
Outstanding job. I wish I could refurb my wheel as good as you did.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Great job! Be worth moving the roof switch (presume you have an electric roof) to the front of the console whilst the console is out, it makes life much simpler.
I dont have an electric roof ............................ Yet :D