Sean d progress thread

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
So you did Tony, had a couple of hours in the workshop today, finished the prep of the os sill and stone guarded it, that is now ready for painting as is the os front wing, stripped the grills and gills off the bonnet and did a bit more work on it, thats about it for today, still in turmoil over the colour but nailed it down to 2 options, swatch a or swatch b :nailbiting:View attachment 24432 View attachment 24433
:wideyed:

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Brian, there is a small gap between the outer sill and the chassis, this allows dirt to build up and it gets trapped around the plastic jacking points, it acts like a sponge and holds water
Agree Sean, the front of the sills shows signs of rust from stone chips but loads of silt gets by the liners and then sits festering and the jack points fill with silt and then attack the chassis.

That is a bright colour looks good.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Thats definatly the car i remember those stickers above the gills
The guy bought a black 2.8 auto, thats why he sold the silver one that he had just put 4 new tyres on and serviced

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Cheers for that Sean, I was wondering if they were getting out of Z's but obviously not in that case. I did furnish them with a Z.org card and we had a chat about the forum before they left. Nice folks, and we had more in common, as they have a place over in Florida too.:)

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Cheers for that Sean, I was wondering if they were getting out of Z's but obviously not in that case. I did furnish them with a Z.org card and we had a chat about the forum before they left. Nice folks, and we had more in common, as they have a place over in Florida too.:)

Tony.
I was a bit concerned about buying as it had recently had a new ecu and mass air flow meter, but it drove very well, I have to say its probably one of the best things I have ever driven,

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The headlights have to be heated in an oven to enable the parts to be separated Sean, if you don't fancy trying that our resident breaker Andy @spurs fan in a coupe had a pair of headlights for sale with angel eyes. I can't remember how much they were though. Send him a PM if you're interested.

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
The headlights have to be heated in an oven to enable the parts to be separated Sean, if you don't fancy trying that our resident breaker Andy @spurs fan in a coupe had a pair of headlights for sale with angel eyes. I can't remember how much they were though. Send him a PM if you're interested.

Tony.
Thanks Tony, but I am one for doing it myself, find more rewarding and some of the angel eyes I have seen are not for me as they are small circles and I want the horseshoe type, I'm pretty sure the ones in the link are correct, my headlights are held together via clips and are not sealed.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Ok, in that case @Antm72 had some for sale I think, don't know if he sold them yet? Unusual to see lights only clipped together, maybe they're after market not original. I've not split any lights before so someone may correct me, but they may still need to be heated. By the way, I'm all for D.I.Y. Sean, more satisfaction that way.:)

Tony.

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader

Tony.

Cheers Tony, I sold the after market angel eyes to a popular member on here!

But do have a tatty set of original headlights, that could be used as guinea pigs for angel eyes, they are prefacelift so orange indicators.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Cheers Tony, I sold the after market angel eyes to a popular member on here!

But do have a tatty set of original headlights, that could be used as guinea pigs for angel eyes, they are prefacelift so orange indicators.
Hi, what after market halo's fit the headlights with orange indicators, thanks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Now theres a colour, but what it it
It's San Marino blue. Have a look at this where it's compared side by side with Interlagos blue:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723022

Also have a google and see all the images, it changes in the light and can even look purple.

It's like a modern take on the Velvet blue that was available on M3's I think. BMW have some nice blues.

Last edited:

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Is that your new smoker Dino!
Nah.. Just was looking at various BMW blues in case I ever resprayed my car.

Another idea I had was Montreal blue but with added metallic or tint (or whatever is the correct technical name!) to give it a little more 'pop'. So a standard looking colour but just a bit bolder and with more going on to show the curves better..