Help and advise needed regarding back windscreen rim!

Peimli

Dedicated Member
I had my back windscreen replaced about a year and a half ago. So I do not have an issue with that.
The problem what I’m having is the black rim (picture attached) around it started to “break away”. I tried to fix it with black silicone but it did not hold unfortunately too long.
Does anyone have any experience or perhaps solution for it???

Thanks for the help in advance!
Keep safe!

Attachments

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Mine is an original roof doing the same tried various things all work short term but that's it .
Ended up bonding it down with Sikaflex
( tiger seal an equivalent) A silicone adhesive ( same stuff windscreens are fitted with ) still OK 2 and a half yrs later.
15883513496815086853066425894778.jpg

Edit .
Only potential downside to doing this is once cured it will be relatively difficult to undo as it sets to a rubber thats most things proof.
The chemicals used to dissolve it on a windscreens might not be very z3 roof and rear window friendly.

Stephen.

Last edited:

Peimli

Dedicated Member
Mine is an original roof doing the same tried various things all work short term but that's it .
Ended up bonding it down with Sikaflex
( tiger seal an equivalent) A silicone adhesive ( same stuff windscreens are fitted with ) still OK 2 and a half yrs later.View attachment 141031

Edit .
Only potential downside to doing this is once cured it will be relatively difficult to undo as it sets to a rubber thats not things proof.
The chemicals used to dissolve it on a windscreens might not be very z3 roof and rear window friendly.

Stephen.
Thanks Stephen! Really appreciate your help!

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
Was the replacement a genuine BMW screen or an aftermarket one? Just curious