Found Hard Top Screws

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Having purchased a hard top I need the two screws that are mounted at the top of the windscreen.
BMW Number 54218410540
Torx Bolt M8x18
26959_x800-1.jpg
26962_x800-1.jpg

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I got mine from BMW parts dept.

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
I would love to the van was in Hull again today why do you know of any good paint sprayers in the area mate

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Get your pal to drop it off dude, I'll do it for you
And I would be happy for you to do it as I've seen the quality of your work but if I knew there was going to be another two deliveries I would but I can't see it if I'm honest.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
There was just a few posts about this very thing and I forget who had ordered a set but @t-tony was involved as I also need a set and not available here so hoping someone can pick me a set and post them to me. They were £7 I believe. I can use just bolts but these remain in the holes so I won't be trying to figure out what they are for as they bounce around in my glove box and guaranteed they will disappear in a matter of weeks! JIM

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I use standard M8 allen pins in mine. If I loose them they are about £7 per 100 rather than £7 for 2.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I would've if I'd ever got mine repaired and fitted. The only difference is the original ones have the "O" ring which keeps it in place and seals against water ingress.

Tony.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
the only reason these stay in place is they have a rubber o-ring around them but as you will only be removing it once a year i would just use allen bolts.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I would've if I'd ever got mine repaired and fitted. The only difference is the original ones have the "O" ring which keeps it in place and seals against water ingress.

Tony.
Never had a problem with water ingress and have been in some torrential downpours in mine. I can see your point though

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Never had a problem with water ingress and have been in some torrential downpours in mine. I can see your point though
That's what the "O" ring is for but I wouldn't have bothered either Garry, I doubt it really matters.

Tony.

mwpe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
I asked Sopers just before Zedfest and they said that at that time BMW had 37 in stock. I thought someone was going to order a pair for Oldcarman.
I would check again but am off to Italy at 6 O'clock in the morning.