G Power supercharger group buy e85 & e46 (S54&M54)

Sajk

Zorg Legend
Hello, do you have any feedback on these kits yet. It's been a while. Interested in the quality of the software.

Maurits K

Zorg Addict
Dutch Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0iS
I doubt there will be much dyno’s in relation to the groupbuy.

A tune is included there, but that is done by reading out your ECU yourself, sending the result to G-power, them returning a modified version and you installing it. Thus, no dyno involved, unless you opt for one yourself.

I also doubt whether this gives an individual buyer much insight in the quality of the software.

Maurits K

Zorg Addict
Dutch Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0iS
Yes, I do. As per the above posts.

Installed in the summer of 2020 and still fully satisfied, albeit with different spark plugs (as a precaution, not because of actual complaints).

Dyno still to come however.

Sajk

Zorg Legend
Thanks for your reply. What does fully satisfied mean? Do you have any pre / post acceleration and or fuel economy measures? Day to day drivability measures although these will be subjective? Does it ping when hot? I have been through a couple of projects like this and I found it tough to be completely objective. I have extensively searched this product as I am looking for alternatives to VF as have been advised their tune is not so good and found zero reviews of GForce. Cheers

Maurits K

Zorg Addict
Dutch Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0iS
Fully satisfied means that it performs as expected. I am afraid I have no very scientific approach: I did no pre-installing dyno and have yet to perform a post-installing dyno.

Fuel economy is of no interest to me as the roadster is a 100% hobby car, which is only driven for anywhere between 1500 and 10k kilometres each year. However, I dare to say that if you manage to restrict yourselves by using your throttle as before, there is not much of an increase in fuel consumption post-installing. "Unfortunately" I do not manage to restrict myself. Instead after a proper warming up of the engine I tend to start playing with it and that obviously does affect fuel consumption.

Mine does not ping when hot. As per one of my above comments, i feel like Mad Max when driving around with it however, because it sucks in air quite noticeably, not to say aggressively.

As for day-to day driveability: it slightly increases chances of the rear braking out. For example when being a bit to enthusiastic on the throttle on one of those miniature roundabouts for which the Netherlands are (in)famous. However, to me that only adds to the fun and it is also something which you get used to very quickly. Thus: I would say that after a few moments to get to know the effect of the supercharger under various conditions, the day-to-day driveability is not affected at all. You will be very well able to dose its effect and to control the extra power kicking in or not.