European Union

M

M666BMG

Just thinking about it, who knows, I have a British passport, might get kicked out and have to come back and sign on and get free NHS treatment when I have a hangover......;)
Pop round mine for a tipple!

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
It's not 1899 it's 2016.We are not 'great' Britain,we're an insignificant island of the coast of europe.In the EU we have a major influence in the world outside? All our major allies in the world would hate to see us lose that influence.
We pay into the EU for many reasons including trade and if we leave we would still have to pay to trade(like Norway),but would have no say on EU decisions.
NHS has nothing to do with EU,but it's the best system in the world,just needs better funding and management.Otherwise it's the private route like USA - OK if you have plenty of money and no long term illness - otherwise tough s***!
Yes,we need to control immigration,but MOST immigrants are here to work so they pay tax and NHS payments.
Today,again,many major companies have said it would be bad for us to leave.The EU would not give us good trade deals at the expense of their own industries.So it would make goods from the UK less competitive.Here in Derby we have Rolls Royce,Bombardier and Toyota.Major employers who might shed jobs.Toyota said they might have to relocate to europe should we leave.Nissan,Honda,Mini etc.So much uncertainty.
Great to be Capt Mainwaring in 1939,but a lot has changed since then.
I didn't vote for Cameron,but his arguments for staying in are very strong.His is not standing for re election and is simply saying what he believes is best. Boris ,by his sitting on the fence waiting to see how the wind blows,then announcing his decision at the very last moment is quite obviously lining up his bid to be next conservative leader.He's on a winner whichever way the referendum goes.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
The more that come in the bigger loading on all resources.
@M666BMG one of the reasons we moved from Reading to the Lakes. Like going back in time 50 years. All three of my little'uns are thriving at school/college with English being the only language. 35 to a class compared to 15 to a class. No contest.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
You are missing the point Grumpy old chap, the European Union has nothing to do with your NHS, the British government does.
Yes and that's my point! They have no money because the "brussel Morons" take it off us so budgets have to be cut. I'll give you a good example of the wonderful EU. When I was in the motor trade a customer came in to buy a used car on a decent budget. He was foreign, no issue for me as some will know but he had just been granted asylum and given £12000 pounds to set himself up! £12000! Do you know how long it takes the average man to earn £12000! I suspect @Andy McDonnell's p*** may boil a little more now. :mad::mad::mad:

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Yeah, but the NHS (the UK's largest company) is free at point of need. And that's the issue, "gender reasignment" bigger boobs, face lifts for vanity etc etc are now deemed to be almost normal on the NHS which is a drain.

:offtopic: by the way, sorry.

The NHS is the most top heavy and midheavy organisation going. Get rid of this lot and it would go some way to fixing it.
I've been a frequent user off the NHS lately and the service has been great .sit in the lobby of a hospital mine is Wrexham the No of people that walk through the door on a daily basis is mind boggling,it's amazing we get the treatment we do all for nothing.How much more money can we throw at it to make it better.Some of my friends have private insurance and they get appointments quicker ,but they pay ."pay your money take your choice"but I do think there are some superfluous treatments

M

M666BMG

Yes and that's my point! They have no money because the "brussel Morons" take it off us so budgets have to be cut. I'll give you a good example of the wonderful EU. When I was in the motor trade a customer came in to buy a used car on a decent budget. He was foreign, no issue for me as some will know but he had just been granted asylum and given £12000 pounds to set himself up! £12000! Do you know how long it takes the average man to earn £12000! I suspect @Andy McDonnell's p*** may boil a little more now. :mad::mad::mad:
Disgusting

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I've been a frequent user off the NHS lately and the service has been great .sit in the lobby of a hospital mine is Wrexham the No of people that walk through the door on a daily basis is mind boggling,it's amazing we get the treatment we do all for nothing.How much more money can we throw at it to make it better.Some of my friends have private insurance and they get appointments quicker ,but they pay ."pay your money take your choice"but I do think there are some superfluous treatments
Agreed on the service Hugh, my old man is on his chin strap again and getting a great service as did my old dear. The Boss got great service with here new knee. I personally think the NHS is great, just poorly run. Get Branson to shake it up.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Problem is mate that Lionel Blair and his mates made it a "lifestyle choice" to sponge off the state, we now have full time professional claimants and baffoons that guide them as to what they can claim, along with some " Free Bank" imigrants that are a drain.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I have mixed feelings on NHS service. Misdiagnosed by my GP, the ward treatment was poor but the surgeon and his team were fantastic, my post op care was also superb. Again I blame the ward care on a lack of staff due to blowing money back to God Mercal and her idiots. Less payout, more money spent on OUR services.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
Asylum,refugee or immigrant or are they all the same?

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Well they would say that would they not, just blowing smoke out of their ass, mainland Europe has got more immigrants than the UK.
It will have mate, it's rather a lot bigger.

miller1098

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M
I have mixed feelings on NHS service. Misdiagnosed by my GP, the ward treatment was poor but the surgeon and his team were fantastic, my post op care was also superb. Again I blame the ward care on a lack of staff due to blowing money back to God Mercal and her idiots. Less payout, more money spent on OUR services.
You pay for the NHS with your stamp the EU gets none of it

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Problem is mate that Lionel Blair and his mates made it a "lifestyle choice" to sponge off the state, we now have full time professional claimants and baffoons that guide them as to what they can claim, along with some " Free Bank" imigrants that are a drain.
Thank god Andy, I thought it was only me who thought that way about a Blairs ruination of our country.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The National health service has saved our family a fortune over the years, Shirl has had several large operations not least of which breast cancer, I had heart surgery and at some point in the (I suspect) not too distant future will need more, the birth of three grand children in the last 4 years. All of the treatments given to our little girl years ago, which was in vain as it turned out but the care and compassion of the staff was second to none, and all the eye and dental care all our lives. No wonder people want to come here for that alone.

Tony.