European Union

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
its on our shores right now, far bigger concern than whether we use oem diagnostics or a hooky copy from china.

numerous cases of migrants making it to our beaches and marinas. The invasion has begun. We must reclaim and defend our territorial waters, alteratively, we bus the lot to Wales.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vessels-patrol-English-Channel-migrants.html
To be honest smiffy this has always been an issue, what people are concerned about now is the Euro Migration into our Country from places like Poland, Slovakia and the other ex Baltic States and taking up our Houses and putting more pressure onto an already strained Economy and infrastructure. The issue with migrants from Africa, Syria and the like will always be apart of our countries issues in the future but at least if they get here they can not command our benefits like all the other Europeans can.
The Europeans from the poorest states see Britain as an easy way of improving there standard of living. Our benefits are better than most of their wages back in their homeland. That is why we are getting an influx from the Ex Baltic States you do not see many Germans, Dutch and the like from the richer nations as we are on par with them and there is no benefit for them to improve their standard of living. That is my view anyway

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
I have no issue with anyone wanting to improve their lot in life, we have always been a great trading nation that has quite rightly attracted industrious migrants. We will continue to do so long after the failed social experiment of the EU has gone the way of all previous European Empires run by faceless, unaccountable, elitist beaurocrats. Mainland Euorpe has a history of acting in this way and us Britons do not. We are not, nor never have been Europeans, we have always been a proud 'mongrel' nation which fights its, and others battles. To those who say we do not know what we are doing I would ask you to take a history lesson and consider the last 1000 years of UK political and democratic progress. I speak as a History graduate and a business man.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I have no issue with anyone wanting to improve their lot in life, we have always been a great trading nation that has quite rightly attracted industrious migrants. We will continue to do so long after the failed social experiment of the EU has gone the way of all previous European Empires run by faceless, unaccountable, elitist beaurocrats. Mainland Euorpe has a history of acting in this way and us Britons do not. We are not, nor never have been Europeans, we have always been a proud 'mongrel' nation which fights its, and others battles. To those who say we do not know what we are doing I would ask you to take a history lesson and consider the last 1000 years of UK political and democratic progress. I speak as a History graduate and a business man.
Same page and we'll said though I'm not a History Graduate or business man. Europe is desperate for us to remain less it crumbles if we vote out. Only time will tell.

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
Agreed Andy. Europe has a lot more to lose by our exit than we do and we have a lot more to gain by being brave and looking beyond the borders of continental Europe. It is a 'no brainier' to state that they need us to take their goods and services, but do we need them?

smiffy

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift in Montreal Blue
that bl00dy dutchman is back again!:whistle:

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
OK, explain this one then, why is the steel industry in the UK going belly up when (Tata) steel over here have no problems?
No idea, perhaps it's being allowed to fail for other reasons :)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Subsidies perhaps? Shipping costs? Wages lower?

Tony.

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
The U.K. Government have never supported industries in the way that other EU nations do in contravention of EU rules.

We abide and we suffer as a consequence.

Europe is do as I say not as I do.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
The U.K. Government have never supported industries in the way that other EU nations do in contravention of EU rules.

We abide and we suffer as a consequence.

Europe is do as I say not as I do.
Yep, the French don't mess about and fair play to them, they just crack on and do what's right for them.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
To be fair HT how do you know there is no problem. There was not a problem over here with them till they said they was pulling out. I would expect the wages in Holland are around the same as here and they export to the same areas. The problem with Tata Steel is the simple fact of mass cheap imported Steel from China. Even Tata Steel said they could not compete with that. If a company has x amount of locations then it is inevitable that they will close odd ones. The UK for all we know is only the first one that they close, like being in Europe who knows what the future brings

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
Yep, the French don't mess about and fair play to them, they just crack on and do what's right for them.
Exactly as do the Dutch and the Germans.

How do you think they justify all the massive investment in their industries in contravention of EU competition law.

Time us Britons stood up for ourselves.

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
To be fair HT how do you know there is no problem. There was not a problem over here with them till they said they was pulling out. I would expect the wages in Holland are around the same as here and they export to the same areas. The problem with Tata Steel is the simple fact of mass cheap imported Steel from China. Even Tata Steel said they could not compete with that. If a company has x amount of locations then it is inevitable that they will close odd ones. The UK for all we know is only the first one that they close, like being in Europe who knows what the future brings
An excellent answer.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
ok, here is the idea folks, its quite simple, if we vote in were in for good come rain or shine.
If we vote out and it works then its win win.
If we vote out and it doesn't work out we simple go back into the EU, so if you think about it voting out is the best option.:whistle::)

JAJ278

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4M Roadster
ok, here is the idea folks, its quite simple, if we vote in were in for good come rain or shine.
If we vote out and it works then its win win.
If we vote out and it doesn't work out we simple go back into the EU, so if you think about it voting out is the best option.:whistle::)
Well they won't just let us back in, but we need the courage of our convictions to be Great Britain again and not an add on to a failing continental Europe.

There is trouble around the corner for Europe and I for one rate our chances alone better than on a sinking ship.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Apart from the only down side to that which is if we as a country go grovelling back, cap in hand, how much do you think it will cost us to re-enter the EU? If indeed we were to be accepted, and there would be no guarantee of that either.

Tony.