At least we have now reached the same standing as Spain :ymdevil:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I've been hiding behind the sofa Mike, I couldn't bear to watch. My boy has gone out in Lincoln with some of his mates to have a couple of beers and watch the match. Hopefully he won't have tears in his eyes and fall a..e over t.t on the way home.:)

Z

zedonist

You know at the least they are a football team playing with passion, we were just unlucky with the group selection in reality, as I think the top teams are currently sitting in one group from all the matches I have seen, and i think there will be big things from the England team in the future, so let's keep supporting.......

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
I've been hiding behind the sofa Mike, I couldn't bear to watch. My boy has gone out in Lincoln with some of his mates to have a couple of beers and watch the match. Hopefully he won't have tears in his eyes and fall a..e over t.t on the way home.:)
I don't think that they will be in the mood to do that Tony.
And all you lot can now go on holiday in Spain with no worries......

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Ha, Dutch football channel has just crashed in sympathy, will switch over to a German channel.

Z

zedonist

I think they do have a winning attitude, the work rate was immense tonight, they just need a few players that can really finish, the play this tournament in my opinion is a big departure from the team of yesteryear and if they kept Rooney and Gerard off the pitch I reckon they would play even better.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Dutch commentary said after Rooney's goal that he was not a world class striker like Suarez.

Z

zedonist

I agree, why i made the comment about a few decent class finishers required, once we find them, and we will, the euro championships will be a different kettle of fish.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Former England captain Rio Ferdinand
MOTD analyst

Uruguay 2-1 England

"The lads will be gutted with that. The second goal is nightmarish, a straight ball down the middle and it is schoolboyish, you have to make sure these things don't happen. We got ourselves back in the game and I would have taken a point.

"It wasn't to be at the end and we let ourselves down."

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
You lost, PAH, you get used to it when you support Scotland...lol

Z

zedonist

Macca I am happy with the loss, we did not have what it took to finish, and they did fair result, I am just saying at least we did not lay down like the other years, which is encouraging rather thN the usual embarrassing!

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Former England captain Alan Shearer
MOTD analyst

Uruguay 2-1 England

"As long as we continue to defend as we did tonight and against Italy then we'll struggle to progress. I didn't see many positives in that performance.

"Rooney's first World Cup goal perhaps but there weren't big performances from our big players. Raheem Sterling didn't really turn up, Sturridge struggled at times but the huge concern was the way we defended for the goals conceded."

Z

zedonist

Do you think it's sour grapes from these pundits? I saw a different match, where Sturridge and others played really well.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Gerard had said the game would be won and lost in defence. How true.:( School boy defending will always lose you the game. SAD.