Ashbandicoot - sad news :(

jonco

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
'98 1.9 Auto
@Amanda - so very sad. I never met Ash but shared a few comments with him on Zed matters. My heart goes out to you and the family. The right words are always difficult to find at a time like this. May he rest in peace xx Colin

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
S
We had a death in our family on Monday a young man who was only 30. Very sad loss of a young life.:(

Tony.
so sorry to hear that Tony! We're losing far too many young people these days. All our best to you, Shirl and the Family, JIM

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
@Amanda although I never got to meet Ash we did have a great relationship as we were very like minded. He was a great support for me and his messages always pulled me up when I felt down. Please pass on our condolences to the Family and I can't imagine what you are feeling but know that there is a very large Family of Zedders here if you wish to continue Ash's dream. All the best to you Amanda, JIM, Joan and Trinity.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Just sitting here in the quiet dusk of evening looking out over the lake. It's getting dark and the moon is already out:
image.jpg

I had skyped Gary earlier just to see if Skype would work on my cell phone. He asked if I'd heard the bad news. My mind went immediately to thinking that an older forum member, like myself, had passed away. When he told me about Ash, it didn't quite register. I thought that I was confusing Two different people. When I asked Gary his age, I just couldn't believe it. So I'm sitting here in the quietness thinking of what seemed a very nice gentleman who died at such a young age. Others have said above, and quite correctly, of what a terrible hole this leaves in the lives of all those around him. I've only spoken to him on the forum, but even with only that, I will miss him. I am truly saddened by his loss and extend my condolences to Amanda and to Karen, his mother. Frankie at lake George.

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
Just read this. What a shame he was a really nice guy. My thoughts to his family on this sad occasion

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Never met Ash but thoughts are with his family and friends..... Tragic at such a young age ...RIP.....

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
My deepest condolances to @Amanda and family.

RIP Ash you were and are still such a respected member of this forum never to be forgotten.

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
I hopped this day will never come, but as we are humans, we come and go...looks very unfair...24years...
We lost one of us and it's a very sad day...
Sincere condolences to Amanda and family and God give you strength!
Rest in Peace Ash

Last edited:

Anthony Cherry

Zorg Guru (I)
3rd Party Trader
I have just heard the news from Ash's mum. Totally gutted. He was such a kind and generous guy. I had the privilege to get to know him when he agreed to lend me his hard top for my Bertini at the stoneleigh kit car show in May. He dropped it off and picked it up a few days later. Never met him previously. Just from the forum. Such generosity and kindness. This is a tragic loss for for us all. And must be unbearable for Amanda, his family and friends. I wish them all the strength to get through this difficult time.
Rest in peace Ash.

jue1

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
To @Amanda
I'm so sorry I have taken so long to respond...I was met with a stricken face on Tuesday afternoon in Morrison's car park when I came back with the shopping. @Grumpy was waiting in the car with the dogs whilst I grabbed a few things.
I thought it odd when the car door opened before I got to it but now I wished it had stayed shut.
'Ash' and 'passed away' flashed by me and I knew immediately the face and name....we met at Silverstone but had a laugh and a Joke at the pub meet before the breakfast stop. I remember thinking how young you both were .....and then at the breakfast stop was 'seat gate'.....we all know what happened then but not why the delay!
I've struggled to try and make words comprehend the effect ash' s passing has had on us here in this zed household, and zed world, he was one of us, our zed family, and you Amanda are still part of it. I am so sorry.....xxxxx

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Lovely sentiments @jue1.

Tony.

Althulas

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
M Roadster
I remember the banter about Amanda breaking Ash's seat at BMBabes day and was just laughed off as one of those things instead of a falling out over something materialistic, such a nice couple I thought. It's so sad to be reading such devastating news, my thoughts go out to you Amanda and Ash's family.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I remember the banter about Amanda breaking Ash's seat at BMBabes day and was just laughed off as one of those things instead of a falling out over something materialistic, such a nice couple I thought. It's so sad to be reading such devastating news, my thoughts go out to you Amanda and Ash's family.
Yeah me and Jue said exactly the same thing Mark. There car was blocking us in and we didn't know what was up to start with, Amanda was there looking panic stricken and Ash was no where to be seen, when he signed up to come on my cruise he'd told me that he was fitting a boot rack and Amanda was to travel on that all day! Like you say, a lovely young couple, such a shame.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
To @Amanda
I'm so sorry I have taken so long to respond...I was met with a stricken face on Tuesday afternoon in Morrison's car park when I came back with the shopping. @Grumpy was waiting in the car with the dogs whilst I grabbed a few things.
I thought it odd when the car door opened before I got to it but now I wished it had stayed shut.
'Ash' and 'passed away' flashed by me and I knew immediately the face and name....we met at Silverstone but had a laugh and a Joke at the pub meet before the breakfast stop. I remember thinking how young you both were .....and then at the breakfast stop was 'seat gate'.....we all know what happened then but not why the delay!
I've struggled to try and make words comprehend the effect ash' s passing has had on us here in this zed household, and zed world, he was one of us, our zed family, and you Amanda are still part of it. I am so sorry.....xxxxx
During a sad time a bit of laughter goes a long way, @jue1 asked me to proof read her message before she posted it and the term "seat gate" made me proper chuckle! Well put wifey. :)

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
As you can see by this outpouring of disbelief @Amanda that Ash was a well loved and essential part of this worldwide community and will be sadly missed. I saw two distinct sides to Ash, the jokster and the relentless researcher whether he was looking for horsepower for the ZED or seeking out items that others had expressed a desire to find. To me his generosity was priceless as he donated part after part to meet my needs. We have suffered a deep lose but we will continue on knowing that is what Ash would want of us. Again, my condolences to you and all Ash's family and friends outside of or on this forum. JIM

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

yocky z3 2.0

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Just add a nice meal finally go a signal going through the forum shocked to read this never met ash no age at all condolences to his family from tony & Jayne rip