Z3 New owner

Chris_st2

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
New to Z3 ownership just wondered about a couple questions for the UK owners is heated seat wiring and cruise control wiring already in place even if my car doesn’t come with them from factory. My car is a 1.9L 1997 if that makes a difference. Also if anyone knows what you need to retrofit cruise control please let me know as I haven’t got a clue

Attachments

BuxtonZ3Guy

Zorg Addict
Hello Chris. I have a 2001 Z3 3.0i. I retro fitted cruise control, CD changer and a heated rear window switch (for the hardtop) earlier this year. All the necessary wiring was already in place. You just need to take the tape fixings away and plug in.

Chris_st2

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Hello Chris. I have a 2001 Z3 3.0i. I retro fitted cruise control, CD changer and a heated rear window switch (for the hardtop) earlier this year. All the necessary wiring was already in place. You just need to take the tape fixings away and plug in.
Hi, oh really that’s actually good to know are you aware if that is the same for most cars or know a way to check if mine has it ??

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Basically, the way I understood it, the Z3 range ( excluding the ///M) had 1 loom fitted and the wiring for items such as C/C etc. were there and just needed untaping and plugging in. Early E85 Z4 models were similar in the many items were plug and Play.

Tony.

Chris_st2

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
Basically, the way I understood it, the Z3 range ( excluding the ///M) had 1 loom fitted and the wiring for items such as C/C etc. were there and just needed untaping and plugging in. Early E85 Z4 models were similar in the many items were plug and Play.

Tony.
Yeah been hearing from several people including breakers that the looms are fitted in most cars so suspect I’ve just got to try find it haha