What would you buy?

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I'm not doing this now but it has been jumping around in my head with recent events.
If I borrowed £10k from the nice man at my bank to buy a German Estate diesel car what would you buy and why? I suspect long term I may have to take the plunge but I loath spending money I don't have, it really goes against the grain with me. If the old pipe smoker (The 75) lasts me a year or more the newly aquired Freelander could become the second car being replaced by something nicer.
Having a flick around the usual websites I really like the A6 Avant 3.0 auto but Christ they seem to hold their money!
As said I won't be doing this now but thought it may make a decent topic to have a gab about!

Cheers
Grumps.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
I had an A4 Avant 2.5 TDi 6 pot for about 6 years. Dynamically it was a great car and I loved it but the biggest money pit we've ever owned. Cost a fortune to maintain and to keep on the road and that's excluding warranty claims.
Gail had an A3 - no problems at.
It depends what rate you can get the money at as far as borrowing is concerned. Get a good rate its worth spending someone else's money. ;)

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
I could sell you a nice Vauxhall Zafira for £9,999 and that even leaves you some change :thumbsup:. What do you think ?........could even deliver it =)).

Steve

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Why borrow money with interest.
Get a credit card with interest free for 36 months or more and your also get protection.
If your unable to complete the payments before the end of the interest free easy open another interest free credit card with a little or no transfer rate.
Why give someone else your cash by paying interest.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
E series merc, loads of space and they pull like a train

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I could sell you a nice Vauxhall Zafira for £9,999 and that even leaves you some change :thumbsup:. What do you think ?........could even deliver it =)).

Steve
Done! :wideyed::wideyed::woot:

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
E series merc, loads of space and they pull like a train
Really like these aswell Brian. Worked for Merc for a while, while the previous model was current and loved it. The 280/320 cdi sport would be the one. Was talking with a forum member the other day on these and I have to agree with what he said, the cabins are rather dated but still a very nice place to be. You get more bang for your buck than with the Audi.

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Why borrow money with interest.
Get a credit card with interest free for 36 months or more and your also get protection.
If your unable to complete the payments before the end of the interest free easy open another interest free credit card with a little or no transfer rate.
Why give someone else your cash by paying interest.
We've always tried to pay our own way Steve other than the mortgage obviously so will find it very difficult to borrow by any means. Weve always said if we can't afford it we won't have it. Thanks for the advice tho.

stephano033

steve
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
5 series F11 brill car estate is huge if u need the room and has all the toys mine is stunning just eats the motorways.:)

Grumps

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Not up on model numbers mate. Is that the car that ran from 2004 onwards.

Redsheep

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Depends on your needs.
I had an e350 estate 2 years ago.....fantastic car, but awful in the rain & snow which is 8 months of the year here.

I would always now go awd, but might not be a problem further south.

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
We've always tried to pay our own way Steve other than the mortgage obviously so will find it very difficult to borrow by any means. Weve always said if we can't afford it we won't have it. Thanks for the advice tho.
Your welcome Dave.
Sorry I thought you said you were going to get a loan. Happy hunting for your motor of choice.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
From me it would be skoda superb estate extremely spacious, punchy economic diesels ,well equipped, 2 or 4 wheel drive.
Actually probably my next car =))

MidlifeZ

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 se
This is fine @Grumpy but when the interest is so low or even free people are crazy to then pay with their own money when they can use someone else's IMO.