What have you bought for your Zed this week?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Could be soon mate.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Also an ABS Sensor. While removing the original, the bolt sheared. I ended up having to drill it out and use helicoil, hence the strip down

View attachment 302185
I have always managed to remove these screws by removing the hub an d accessing the rear of the bolt hole. This gives you a “real” centre to drill out the broken screw, then you can re tap the thread. Even if there is a broken drill bit in there.

Tony.

ViperKen

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
Model of Z
1998 1.9
I have always managed to remove these screws by removing the hub an d accessing the rear of the bolt hole. This gives you a “real” centre to drill out the broken screw, then you can re tap the thread. Even if there is a broken drill bit in there.

Tony.
Hi Tony,
that's what I did, drilled out from the rear. As you say, it gives you a much better centering.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift
Got my self the plastic seat bushes/spacers and some leather die from furniture clinic
Fitted the bushes to today took a little bit long than I though it would and ran into the first half off the FA cup
The leather die is very good and has made the seats look better

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Less bought ..more ‘acquired’
Stopped in at my local dealer today so they could tell me all the parts they don't have in stock ..literally the nearest radiator cap for an M54 engine was in Bristol! (I am in Portsmouth). Anyway, I was in there 2 mins and it’s the only place I parked..when I got home I noticed this ! That wasn’t there yesterday ☹
Bloody new BMW owners !
IMG_2338.jpeg

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Probably.. but not worth the hassle. They will say parked at owners risk anyway. I’ll just get my tame dent man on it.

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
Two microfiber cloths. I was going to get them with the M logo but I wasn't sure I would be able to polish the car that fast. Although these are too nice to get polish on so they will only be used inside the car.
20240526_081400.jpg

Paulro

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
3.0 sport auto.(now sold) 3.0 Z4 Coupe
Less bought ..more ‘acquired’
Stopped in at my local dealer today so they could tell me all the parts they don't have in stock ..literally the nearest radiator cap for an M54 engine was in Bristol! (I am in Portsmouth). Anyway, I was in there 2 mins and it’s the only place I parked..when I got home I noticed this ! That wasn’t there yesterday ☹
Bloody new BMW owners !
View attachment 302857
Ant. Do you want me to get it and I’ll post to you?

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Ant. Do you want me to get it and I’ll post to you?
That’s very kind of you Paul, thanks. I ordered one on t’interweb in the end. On the upside the magic dent man will be here at 10:30 tomorrow.

Last edited: