What have you bought for your Zed this week?

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Today the postie brought me a box of goodies from AutoDoc that should keep me busy for the next few weekends:
  • Replacement cam- & crank shaft sensors
  • Replacement crankcase breather valve
  • New spark plugs
(The above, plus cleaning the ICV, will hopefully solve a bit of a lumpy idle and rough cold start problem that has developed in the last few weeks)

Also
  • Handbrake service kit
  • Rear subframe main beam bracket bolts
  • And a set of extractors which I will surely need having seen the state of the current bracket bolts!
IMG_2637.jpg

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Boot gas struts. So, who knew the pre and post facelift struts were different. My 2002 3.0 seems to have pre face lift ones. Difference is the compression force 680N versus 720N for the facelift. My boot always felt like there was not enough support.

I really wanted Stabilus struts, but ordered Febi as they were on offer ..but then low and behold when I opened the packet😎
IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

I have a pretty new set of Magneti pre facelift struts going cheap if anyone needs some
IMG_2632.jpeg

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Indoor cover from amazon.

20240606_162324.jpg

Doing a ton of grp work and the amount of dust I'm making. Car gets full of dust. Decided to get a dust cover so I can just peel back the corner I'm working on.

Cover is really soft. I'd happily pull it over nice paint . . . If I had nice paint.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
They are for the folding roof and can stop working which in turn breaks the pump =££££.
I'm no expert just something I've read

Last edited:

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Salmon relays bought and fitted today. Next job getting a wheel off! Thought I'd have a look at one of the rear calipers to see how much cleaning they'll need before painting, but it's seized on the hub. So tomorrow is getting wheels off for a start. I always put some copper grease on the surface before fitting, pity the previous owner didn't!
20240619_160147.jpg