What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Richard29

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 Auto
Close enough Mark. They're what people use to get flies off the windscreen. They are the sheets you put in a drier. The screen was worse than the bodywork. It is Lovebug time of the year.

Tony.
Bugs the size of small bird in FLA

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Bugs the size of small bird in FLA
Like I said, Lovebug time of year. When we went to Melbourne on Thursday we drove through bug storms.
Google Love Bugs.

Tony.

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
Im not a fan of annoyingly loud exhausts but this was for sale locally and well here we are.

Couldn’t find much information online other than to confirm Scorpion don't make them anymore - it looks like Cobra make one but it's £550.

Anyway will see what the mechanic says the next time I'm down - the seller reckoned it was the dogs (obviously) back in the day and travelled all the way to Truro from Chesterfield to collect it before fitting it on his M44.

Maybe he's right or maybe I've just been hard sold - I guess time will tell but if anyone with first hand experience is willing to step forward it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

20230511_165408.jpg

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Im not a fan of annoyingly loud exhausts but this was for sale locally and well here we are.

Couldn’t find much information online other than to confirm Scorpion don't make them anymore - it looks like Cobra make one but it's £550.

Anyway will see what the mechanic says the next time I'm down - the seller reckoned it was the dogs (obviously) back in the day and travelled all the way to Truro from Chesterfield to collect it before fitting it on his M44.

Maybe he's right or maybe I've just been hard sold - I guess time will tell but if anyone with first hand experience is willing to step forward it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

View attachment 260785
I had Scorpion Exhausts on my first Z3M (Pingu's Kit Car)... it did improve the sound !! I changed the oval back end though after time to quad tails just for the M look.

elky

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Simply decided to try out an AEM dry high-flow filter, after watching some YT comparisons that measured it to be the highest flowing panel filter.
I have to report that I am surprised of how good it felt driving to work this morning (I assume the sticker gives me +5HP 😂)
PXL_20230511_212603121.jpgPXL_20230511_213015441.jpg

By the way I also opened up the blocked extra airway that our stock headlight air duct has, and leads to behind the fog light. I plan on making a 3D printed cover that allows some fresh air in from that side cover without removing the fog light.
1683889114824.jpeg

Last edited:

SV8Predator

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
Z4 E89 2.0 Atacama Yellow / Z3 3.0 Topaz Blue
Where did you get the strut brace from?

PhilH67

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
My wife’s exact words
“You’re not buying any more f%#*ing Z3s”
So obviously there’s room for more as I don’t think she has been specific enough

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
My wife’s exact words
“You’re not buying any more f%#*ing Z3s”
So obviously there’s room for more as I don’t think she has been specific enough
She should be proud. You’re doing very important conservation work.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I'll let you work it out. ;)

20230515_124120.jpg
20230515_124139.jpg

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I do like those 60's plates but I'd be to worried that Mr Plod would pull me over for a chat with a desire to relieve me of some of my beer tokens ;)
You are not wrong. Had them on my Z3M for quite some time and passed loads of Rozzers who didn't seem too interested, motorway cops may be a different issue though. They are held on with 3M hanger Velcro and the originals will be in the boot with the same, so the excuse will be I forgot to remove the show plates officer I'll whip them off now and put the proper ones on ..... and smile hoping he's in a good mood. 🤷‍♂️

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
You are not wrong. Had them on my Z3M for quite some time and passed loads of Rozzers who didn't seem too interested, motorway cops may be a different issue though. They are held on with 3M hanger Velcro and the originals will be in the boot with the same, so the excuse will be I forgot to remove the show plates officer I'll whip them off now and put the proper ones on ..... and smile hoping he's in a good mood. 🤷‍♂️
It's a bit of a risk though, as the officer could be on a particularly bad mood… 😉

Anyway, it reminded me that I can get nice black and silver plates for my Spitfire, which was certainly manufactured before 1 January 1975.