What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
For my rebody I need side indicator. When I do the side grill/gill I'm planning on using z4 side indicators the ones with the light in the badge.

But in the meantime, so I don't attract the wrath of plod, while out on a test drive I needed something temporary and cheap. So went for this:-

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 15.34.36.jpg

£8.99 Much Cheapness. Only problem is you gotta buy 10. That's all 10 for £8.99 less that a pound each.

I have a choice - I can fit 2 and have the other 8 cluttering up my garage.

Or I can fit them all and sing that christmas advert song - "Holidays are Coming, holidays are coming" - as I cruise down the road.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
New exhaust tips for the E89

Old ones had seen better days so I tried to polish them but they too far gone. Bought a cheap pair from Ebay. Offered the guy a low price and it was accepted so £15 later they arrived. Was actually surprised as looked and felt decent to be fair.

Getting the old ones off was more difficult than I anticipated and had to use a bit more force on the left one with a chisel (carefully). When it came off the amount of stuff that was sandwiched between the fixed pipe and old cover was amazing. Looked like tarmac.
Whilst doing removing I also noticed a loose earth strap that had lost its nut so was a good job that I checked around.
New pipes fitted fine, had to use a rubber mallet and foam to protect them to secure them on.
Pleased with the result, not sure how long they will last but as they were cheap its worth a shot.

Debris that was sandwiched between the pipe and cover.
tarmac.jpg

Earth strap missing a nut
earth.jpg

New and old
compare.jpg

All done
on car.jpg

Scooblitz

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Evening

Picked up some extended leather hockey sticks and did a centre console swap with the facelift aluminium gear shift surround.

Not fully plummed in yet as it will be coming back out as I need to shift the wiring which means seats and carpets out. Also need some new bulbs in the dials.

Sport aluminium door cards and Black Sport Seats in the pipeline.
IMG_20240707_215445.jpg

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
I need to get my wheels refurbed, there are one or two kerb-kisses I'd rather not see every time I look at the car. I still probably will at some point, but I thought for £30 this was worth a punt...
1721053568593.png

I will report on how it goes on my progress thread!

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Bought an up down handle tilt thingy for front of E89 seat as noticed it was missing whilst cleaning it. Once again BMW Sopers proved cheaper than your usual online sellers. Was £13 all in.
20240719_122135.jpg

Also when doing the E89 gasket replacement, with @colb at Zedshed Cymru, one of the coils wasn't securing great and as expected eventually got a misfire code so belatedly bought a coil pack and a spare £20 each from Amazon.
Have given it a run since swapping it and all seems good.
20240719_122143.jpg

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
Manifold off and leak welded! so new nuts, gasket, studs, bolts, weld and a lot of labour :eek: (Z3)

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

lalinsorinoco

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 Orinoco
4 x Good Year EfficientGrip Performance 2 (225/50 R16) from Halfrauds (coudn't resist the premium member discount!) Going on Ezzie on Saturday.