What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Have been getting the intermittent indicator error on RH side of my E89, was expected tbh when I looked at them when I picked it up and could see they were originals. So called out to Italy and this has just arrived. Next need to fit it, will do on Weekend.
20240731_063655.jpg

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Have been getting the intermittent indicator error on RH side of my E89, was expected tbh when I looked at them when I picked it up and could see they were originals. So called out to Italy and this has just arrived. Next need to fit it, will do on Weekend.
View attachment 311097
Don't be surprised with there only being 2 fitting bolts on the new ones (if they are new LCI ones) and word of advice be very careful putting the center seal back onto the metal work or you could get water in the boot. ;) :thumbsup:

Open the boot normally to remove the plastics then you will need to open the boot as if you were dropping the roof (backwards) to get to the light.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
This is what they look like dismantled. :whistle:

20230606_151233.jpg

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
word of advice be very careful putting the center seal back onto the metal work or you could get water in the boot. ;) :thumbsup:
When you mean 'careful' any particular things to know so that I don't mess it up?

lalinsorinoco

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 Orinoco
Hi @Tony Francis ,
I did 300 mile round trip the day I got them and yeah very happy with them, with excellent grip and drives like on rails. Huge transformation from my previous mix of budget tyres ( Sailun and Trezanno) which were on the car when I bought them. Huge difference in handling . Comfy ride too. They have excellent wet grip also (from my research on them) Highly recommend.

Tony Francis

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.8 M43TU
Hi @Tony Francis ,
I did 300 mile round trip the day I got them and yeah very happy with them, with excellent grip and drives like on rails. Huge transformation from my previous mix of budget tyres ( Sailun and Trezanno) which were on the car when I bought them. Huge difference in handling . Comfy ride too. They have excellent wet grip also (from my research on them) Highly recommend.
Thanks, sounds very positive. I had a set on an MX5 some years ago and liked them, going to be on my shortlist (I have exactly the same wheels as you which is why your picture caught my eye 😁).

lalinsorinoco

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 Orinoco
Thanks, sounds very positive. I had a set on an MX5 some years ago and liked them, going to be on my shortlist (I have exactly the same wheels as you which is why your picture caught my eye 😁).
you’re welcome. Some on here swear by Michelin Pilot Sport s. That’s another option for you. Avons are great tyres too. I’ve heard good things on Uniroyal Rainsports as well. So you have plenty to choose from. 😊

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
I see you have gone for Goodyear, how are you finding them? My Avons are starting to crack between the treads so new tyres will be needed soon 🙁
My 2yr old Avon’s also cracking between treads and on the outside shoulders. Very annoying. Not sure when exactly it becomes a problem.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
It becomes a problem when an MOT tester can see the cords of the tyre structure in the cracks. He/She is allowed to open n the cracks with a smooth round ended tool to open the cracks to see if the cords are there. NO sharp implements though.

Tony.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Heard good things about the rainsports. Shame about the Avons, will have to keep an eye on mine. If they go within two years I am taking them back. Pity as they are very well suited to a Zed.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
When you mean 'careful' any particular things to know so that I don't mess it up?
Make sure it's fully seated on the opening in the metal work when you refit, there's a groove all around the seal that slips over the metal, once you have access to the light you will see what I mean it's a proper bugger to get right, at least mine were.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Make sure it's fully seated on the opening in the metal work when you refit, there's a groove all around the seal that slips over the metal, once you have access to the light you will see what I mean it's a proper bugger to get right, at least mine were.
Thank you, I wonder if that was the problem and why they went faulty as the rubber was not sitting correctly? I will find out I guess!