What have you bought for your Zed this week?

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Nah..no symptoms I am aware of, just no evidence of it being changed in the service history. As it’s a consumable I thought I’d get it done with an oil and filter change.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
New front springs
Wishbone & lollipop bush
Diff oil
Oil & filter change
MOT certificate
So that's our ticket to ride for this year. :) Required a much larger bundle of cash than usual as top two items on list were unexpected. ☹

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
We’re both front springs broken?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Makes sense to me! If we had been at home you could have done all of that at our place and saved a shed load of money.

Tony.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
Makes sense to me! If we had been at home you could have done all of that at our place and saved a shed load of money.

Tony.
Thanks Tony that would have been great. We would love to get to a Z shed day sometime even if just to say hello. At the moment its just a bit too far away for us. We both have some health issues that can make driving any sort of a distance a bit of a challenge. Frustrating as we both love driving especially in the Z. We hope that this will improve & that we will get to a shed day sometime in the future.

Cheers Ian & Sue. :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Would be good if you can make it one time and if we could save you some money into the bargain all the better. Take care.

Tony.

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I got an USB C dual port adapter, connected to the cigarette lighter, but the adapter has an on off switch:

320 - 4.jpeg
320 - 5.jpeg

So, even thou the cig lighter is always hot, I can actually switch off the USB adapter. Not that an adapter hot wired, but not charging anything, would consume that much battery power...

The one I bought is:

petecossie

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3 M Coupe
No just the drivers side. The garage was just going to do that one but as we think they are probably the original springs we decided to have both done.
That was the sensible thing to do in changing the springs in pairs as the original "good" passenger side item would have probably sagged a bit and lost some of the spring's properties compared to a new spring. My Coupe failed an MOT a few years ago with a broken front spring (nearside) and I told the garage to get a pair of OEM springs.

Ian&Sue

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 Z3
That was the sensible thing to do in changing the springs in pairs as the original "good" passenger side item would have probably sagged a bit and lost some of the spring's properties compared to a new spring. My Coupe failed an MOT a few years ago with a broken front spring (nearside) and I told the garage to get a pair of OEM springs.
That was exactly our thinking, we also thought there was a strong chance that the other spring would probably not last much longer anyway so may as well get it done now.

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Also just renewed insurance. Had pack through from current insurance company and its gone down from £140 to £112 and includes breakdown cover. I snapped their little handies off

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Another one with no undertray, and still running!

Tony.

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Mine looks the same as this (albeit a bit more rusty). ..don't think there are any under trays missing

1682170194560.png

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Bought another one if these. Not sure what difference this model is to the one in my M43 other than these buttons have white letters
View attachment 258221
I have exactly this model, I went for the white lettering so it matched [ish] the brushed aluminium console.