What have you bought for your Zed this week?

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Ours is getting work done at the Motorist, Sherburn. All bushes, linkages, tie-rods, drop -links, mountings, steering column bearings. Do I get a prize 🏆. Oh yeah and it gets a valet.
Only the best 😉

bombur

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 1.9, Z4 E89 2.3
Any suprises ? Got mine tomorrow :)
Only 2 advisories -1.Minor oil leak ( I know about this and is very minor) and 2. o/s handbrake effort not as great as n/s - so need to adjust shoes and clean drums (thats what @colb has told me- as I dont have a clue!)
Good luck for tomorrow- which Zed?

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
Thats a good result then! Its the Silver M43 in tomorrow. Its the same garage that has done the majority of the work on it this year so if it fails I am going to be having words!

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
My 1999 1.8 had its MOT this week, passed with no advisories, see what happens with the Z4 when thats due in September.
I am using a different MOT testing station since last year when I got stung for 1hours labour for a supposidly failed headlight bulb on the Z4, very strange as they were all working when I checked the car over the previous evening. New workshop manager pulling a fast one I reckoned so have gone elsewhere, they lost at least 6 vehicles that I used to put through them.

Last edited:

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
My garage know I know every single minute defect on my Zed and would be foolish to try anything like that. As with anything it's about building a trust relationship.. they regularly see all 5 of my/my kids cars so wouldn't be so stupid to risk that business.

1 Hour to change a bulb.. they must have been watching me ! 🤣

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My garage know I know every single minute defect on my Zed and would be foolish to try anything like that. As with anything it's about building a trust relationship.. they regularly see all 5 of my/my kids cars so wouldn't be so stupid to risk that business.

1 Hour to change a bulb.. they must have been watching me ! 🤣
Building trust is good but that works both ways. So you check your lights and they all work, but, would you bet your life on them all working the next time you switch them on?
Who can say when a buld will fail, they all fail when switched on, not switched off. I do agree an hour to change a headlight bulb is a little over the top, even for an E85.

Tony.

Tomk

Dedicated Member
Door handle gaskets, seat bushes, rocker cover gasket, water pump. New oil, filter spark plugs etc. and 40 quid of super unleaded.

she re-paid me by blowing a big cloud of smoke whilst giving it some up a hill 🤦‍♂️. Better do that service…..

Devon Z

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0 Individual
Finally got hold of a US/Asia front license plate mount so could fit a legal plate now US market cars are been imported and used for kits. And new aerial base fitting as mine has some cracks showing in it, it fell apart on removal.

IMG_4521.jpeg
Cut it down which retained the lugs that locate in slots under the bumper.
IMG_4522.jpeg
removed the rusty captive nuts for US plate.
IMG_4526.jpeg
Legal spaced and BS marked 3D plate

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I’m looking to buy the excellent services of a trained/qualified welder to do seamless welding on my Z. Has anyone used such a company and can recommendation it?