Value of Z3s

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
If I'm honest I probably paid over the odds for my Zed. I don't care a jot as it was the right combination of engine, body colour, interior colour, wheels and mechanically sound with no real areas of concern and I love it. The smiles per gallon are endless and she is a keeper for sure.

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
Just to encourage you , left hand drivers, notice please that the price for a right hand drive Zed, in the rest of the Europe is double, comparing with UK!

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Just to encourage you , left hand drivers, notice please that the price for a right hand drive Zed, in the rest of the Europe is double, comparing with UK!
Nice to know Zeti, we shall be moving to France in a few years and the Zed will be coming with us, still won't sell tho, love it to much to swap it for cash.

PeteZ3

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
1998 Manual 2.8
I bought at the top end of the market....firstly because it was from a dealer with a full service history, lowish miles and only a couple of previous owners, secondly it was the car I wanted, with the specification I wanted and in the colour I wanted...so I was happy to pay the premium.

It's given me two European tours and 6000 happy summer miles since purchased in July. It's also cost c.£1000 plus goodness knows how many hours to get it to the condition it is now in.

To me, that's money well spent with the expense diluted by every enjoyable mile passed. It's resale value is probably £1500 less than my total expenditure (providing I sell in the spring/summer) ...oh and it's not for sale btw. Will it ever be worth more than it has cost me...no, not in pure cash terms, but smiles per £ spent makes it well worth the money to me....and I don't care about the fuel consumption - you can buy a Smart car if you want good petrol mpg!
Well said, F**K the O-zone Layer!!! :woot::coolsteer)

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
That is only because the sellers are working with European main land prices for LHD cars thinking it will be the same for RHD.
It goes both ways as well, Spurs would of made considerably more money if he had sold his LHD Coupe over here.
The odd RHD that does pop up for sale is usually with an import/export company, like the one below, and I think the asking price for these ///M's is not to bad.

BMW Z3M M ROADSTER 3.2L 321HP S50 06-98 54950 MILES BLUE RHD
Vanos has just been refurbished !!!
Availability: In stock.
Excl. Vat: €15,950.00 Incl. Vat: €15,950.00

BMW Z3M M ROADSTER 3.2L 321HP S50 03-98 95502 MILES SILVER RHD
Availability: In stock.
Excl. Vat: €14,950.00 Incl. Vat: €14,950.00

They have got a few Z1's as well.
http://www.targetcars.eu/cars/?koestwerk=229&p=1

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Just to expand on my comment earlier in the thread. I'm not suggesting we are all about to become millionaires from owning Z3's. However I do think that their value has 'bottomed out'. So I think if you did / have bought a good Z3 at what is basically rock bottom price you are in a good position to a) not lose money and b) very possibly see the value of your Z rise slightly in the not too distant future.

PeteZ3

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
1998 Manual 2.8
Just to expand on my comment earlier in the thread. I'm not suggesting we are all about to become millionaires from owning Z3's. However I do think that their value has 'bottomed out'. So I think if you did / have bought a good Z3 at what is basically rock bottom price you are in a good position to a) not lose money and b) very possibly see the value of your Z rise slightly in the not too distant future.
+1

Especially if you have one of the more desirable models, and a few additional extras on. Hopefully mine increases in value... well it better do, im putting in a lot of time and effort with mine! :)

Renaud

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3MR S54
All the Z's do seem to be creeping up in value, I think thats partly because people are starting to realize they are that bit different and special. As I said on another thread, I can not think of another car I would have instead of the Z.

I purchased my current Z this time last year, I then thought I had paid top whack for it, but having had it valued by two separate places this week, it looks like its pretty much doubled in value! I know thats only a theoretical value as you also need someone thats prepared to pay that price for it.

I already said I cant think of a card that would replace the Z, but I also can not think of another car in this price point thats gone up as much as the z has in a 12 month period. Come to think of it, why am I preaching to the converted, we all know how good the Z cars are!!:scorecard:

One Spanner Frank

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto
My local car dealer took in a Z4 in part exchange and it was being used as a mobility vehicle! At least I can sell my Z3 to a hairdresser. I don't have to find a disabled one, just one with £1000 to spare.

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
The Zed3, in all version was about 300,000 units produced and sold all over the world; it's not too much if you compare with the historical Ford T or VW Later, with millions of units... So I'll patiently wait until the market will open the eyes. Until than I will collect more as possible Zeds(!), like some members here do! And not for commercial purposes, just for happiness of the soul! This will make me feel very happy!

ljauto

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
mates with a dealer and over the last 2 years he has seen prices rise for low mileage bigger engine models a) go up about 25% in fact he cant buy them for what he sold them for last year and b) getting hard to find with less than 30000, that said there no book price anymore for these and as well put in prevoius if it puts a smile on your face worth the dosh

TaffZee

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0 SE
When I fist bought a Zed 3 (1.9) six and a half Years ago, was not looking for this model as I believed something like this was out of my price range, got a shock when I found one for £3700 (67,000 miles on the clock). My 2.8 cost me £4600 (54,000 Miles on the clock) 5 years ago, but prices have sadly plummeted since then. Even then people were saying the prices were due to rise. So I wouldn't hold my breath if your waiting for your zed to appreciate in value, just get out and drive it.

ljauto

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
maybe its worth also looking at depreciation as price is really mileage and spec related 2.8 with 25000 mint sold for 8495 , seen recent 2.8 with 55000 on go for 5000 which means if you found one at the right price and mileage they don't depreciate too much eh which is great and your having fun :)

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
  1. I hate thinking of what's it worth cos when Im spending on it that's the last thing I think about. It really doesn't matter to me what it's worth. So let's drop this talk of what it's WORTH cos it ain't really WORTH talking about. Rha, Roy. =))

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The true value of anything is simply what someone else will pay for it. Not many people are wanting to sell their Z's so why worry about what it's "worth" ?

Tony.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
The true value of anything is simply what someone else will pay for it. Not many people are wanting to sell their Z's so why worry about what it's "worth" ?

Tony.
As shown by all the ads all over the UK AND NA there are a lot of people willing to part with their Z's. That said there are probably very few on forum even considering selling. This make for some great purchase power as @Redline has just proven and hopefully others are now finding out how good a value the zed is. Wish I could afford your buddy! Thanks for the papers BTW!! JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hope they're of some use to you Jim.

Tony.