#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Dickymint

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
I had a Mk1 MX5 1.8 and to compare them is impossible as they are just so far apart, even the MK1 and Mk2 MX5's are quite different and TBH i'd have another Mk1 any day of the week but then finding one that's rust free like mine was is like looking for the holy grail, you could write a long list of the way the Z3 is better but I do miss the raw thrill and grin factor bombing down the lanes in a MX5

Hugo

Zorg Addict
I bought a pristine low mileage Z3 3.0 M Sport (not M!) for £6,000.
About the same price as a similar age MX5. (My friend recently bought a nice one for £5,000)
The Z3 3.0 will wipe the floor with an MX5 and in my opinion is a much better buy. Don't get me wrong the MX5 is a great car, but the 3.0 Z3,is in a different league, and with the M Sport suspension it handles pretty well too.
I previously had a 2.8 Z3 and that was a bit wayward when pushed.
I paid £6000 for my 3.0 z3 with hardtop last summer (2014) with 50k miles and I was told recently its only worth £3,500 but I know it should be around £6000.

Have to agree the z3 wipes the floor of the mx5. I took the new mx5 out for a test drive and the 2.0 lacks power and its a rip off of a BMW, Interior and exterior.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Doesn't matter what you paid as long as you are happy with what you got for your money! Drive it and enjoy the co that goes hand and hand with it! JIM

Felt Stirling

Model of Z
Z3 Roadster
I've owned my 2000 for a year now. Based on NADA figures, I paid too much. But it is proving to be a good purchase. No issues thus far, looks great, drives great, better than expected fuel efficiency, and I love it when people come up and comment of the great looking car. I don't really care what its resale value is. That will be up to be heirs to deal with after I am gone. Until then, I plan to enjoy every mile.