t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Ain't you meant to be on a plane!
In the Aussie Outback at MCO Dave waiting for my chicken sarni then kill some time. We fly at 20.25. My have to check out the Duty free though . . . . . :whistle:

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
In the Aussie Outback at MCO Dave waiting for my chicken sarni then kill some time. We fly at 20.25. My have to check out the Duty free though . . . . . :whistle:

Tony.
Safe flight back guys. :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Cheers mate, be glad when I'm back home now. Don't like this bit at all.

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Cheers mate, be glad when I'm back home now. Don't like this bit at all.

Tony.
Well you have to do that bit mate to enjoy the rest of it.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Well you have to do that bit mate to enjoy the rest of it.
Too true mate, I did just enjoy this little beauty though.
image.jpg

That'll keep my going till Mr. Branson crew serve what they laughingly call " breakfast "

Tony.

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Don't also forget that you are currently looking at prices of a 2 seater convertible sports car and it's October. The prices will always be lower this time of year. I managed to pick up my M44 for £1500 because it needed a new door and the roof was a bit discoloured. I've already replaced the door for a massive £100. Currently investigating roof options but I fully expect my car to be worth a minimum of 2k come spring time. It's got 90k on the clock, 3 owners and every stamp in the book. Also... she's about to have her suspension all returned to standard tomorrow with original fit Sachs shocks on the back to replace the knackered one.

If you have a nice Z3, the way the car market is going at the moment I think they are a worthwhile investment. Anything pre emissions tax and without lots of electronics that is even remotely sporty / enthusiast will raise in value in the near future.
HI @Poprin I saw you were investigating the roof options. I had more replaced by Jack Smith in Swansea 18 months ago and pleased as anything with it. He stitches the rear window in so is NON standard in that but he does two a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He charges £280 for a completely new roof I will try and do a thread soon on the roof change so keep your eyes open he does very few models mainly MX5's and Z3's but is booked out for months ahead. it cost me less to get a new hood than buy and have fitted the rear window which is what was damaged. Contact him on 01792461022 (I am not associated with him in any way but would use him again in a heartbeat)

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
I was thinking of asking if anybody had used the guy in Swansea. Duncan, does he offer different grades of rag top as well as lined too ?

Reactions: Rha

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
I was thinking of asking if anybody had used the guy in Swansea. Duncan, does he offer different grades of rag top as well as lined too ?
He only does one grade of top which is the one I have on Blue but if it is lined he will transfer the lining across I did not ask him about linings when I went there but chat to him as they are only clipped in and tied off from what I have been able to determine. I was not aware of any grades of the roof material but for me the chance to change from Black top to Blue and get the rear window fixed was brilliant at the price and I know the new hood is better and more water taught than the original one which after all had reached the ripe old age of 14 years old which in all the weathers I did not think was too bad.

One Spanner Frank

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto
As Dave said, it is a pretty car. I like pretty cars and I like pretty aircraft. Unfortunately, England produces neither today.
I think that the Rover 75 was the prettiest car and the Hunter was definately the prettiest aircraft. I am talking about this era and not the time of the Hart and Hind.

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
@One Spanner Frank The hunter is ok, but I actually prefer a much nicer and rarer plane. The Sea Vixen. She is a stunner. As for a car.. well E Type....=))=))

One Spanner Frank

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto
I spent 12 years working on Hunters, Canbera PR7s a and Victors, but I think that my favourite must be the Anson. My first flight was in an Anson and we broke a con-rod whilst at 1000 feet. By the time we had it trimmed to fly on one engine we were down to 500 feet.
My longest association was with the Lightning. I worked at a radar site photographing radar tubes on test flights up the Irish Sea. They were the last aircraft I worked on in 1970.

Jon Jeffryes

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
I love the Rover 75 and was fortunate to own one new back in 2001....pale blue metallic coachwork and cream leather interior - never let your wife choose the colour scheme of your car ;-) However I think the current Jaguar F type coupé is the prettiest UK car in production......

Aircraft wise, I love the Hunter, Lightning, Canbera and most of the 50/60's jets, but my heart lies with the Hunting Percival Pembroke.

Jon

One Spanner Frank

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto
You are probably correct on the Jaguar.
I have done some miles in Pembrokes. I think the Dove was prettier. The Shackleton was the strangest. You climb on board and find a spar to sit on and find there are three crews on board and you are on a 24 hour flight.

Jon Jeffryes

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Yes the Dove, that's a really lovely aircraft, just a little too petite for me. I have a real love for the Pembroke and the Sea Prince which agreed are quite brutish. I have had the experience of being in a Shackleton when ground running....that was an awesome experience......but for 24 hours in a vibrating tube...that must have been a test of stamina!

Jon Jeffryes

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
The pilots and engineers I spoke with at the time quoted 40,000 rivets vibrating in close formation....having experienced ground running I can fully agree with that :)

lightning

Zorg Legend
I bought a pristine low mileage Z3 3.0 M Sport (not M!) for £6,000.
About the same price as a similar age MX5. (My friend recently bought a nice one for £5,000)
The Z3 3.0 will wipe the floor with an MX5 and in my opinion is a much better buy. Don't get me wrong the MX5 is a great car, but the 3.0 Z3,is in a different league, and with the M Sport suspension it handles pretty well too.
I previously had a 2.8 Z3 and that was a bit wayward when pushed.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I bought a pristine low mileage Z3 3.0 M Sport (not M!) for £6,000.
About the same price as a similar age MX5. (My friend recently bought a nice one for £5,000)
The Z3 3.0 will wipe the floor with an MX5 and in my opinion is a much better buy. Don't get me wrong the MX5 is a great car, but the 3.0 Z3,is in a different league, and with the M Sport suspension it handles pretty well too.
I previously had a 2.8 Z3 and that was a bit wayward when pushed.
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ptd/5269102834.html