• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale URGENT help request, car check :)

Used to Geordies haha, love them. Only people on the planet that will get you drunk by 10am.. :D
 
IMO I would wait for a car that doesn't have the doubt factor, there is a shed load of 1.9s at that sort of money.

I must be looking at all the wrong places.. Can't find anything decent for that sorta price :(
 
Just logged on… :whistle:. Derby is certainly nearer to @Bozzy The car looks to be decent in the pics, notwithstanding the number plate position @Sean d ;). For £875 looks ok.
 
@John767 just spoke to the guy on the phone,I'm going over there soon to have a look.
Does sound ok from what he said,was took in a part ex deal and he's owned it for a month.
PM me your phone number mate in case,then I can talk to you whilst I there perhaps.

Steve
 
Another cheap car sports leather a few issues but still a cheap motor.You could sell the seats for the price of the car :thumbsup:
tmp_32338-Screenshot_20170225-1055241762268626.webp
 

Attachments

  • tmp_32338-Screenshot_20170225-105524-1871634002.webp
    tmp_32338-Screenshot_20170225-105524-1871634002.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 204
Another cheap car sports leather a few issues but still a cheap motor.You could sell the seats for the price of the car :thumbsup:
View attachment 50673

Just spoke to the guy, sounds sound. He's saying there's a small hole in the roof, any ideas whether that's amendable or does it need to be a new roof?
 
It may be patched i suppose a new roof can fitted from £350 up approx but have seen repair kits for roofs so may be workable.
 
Just spoke to Bozzy who's actually went to see the car and it sounds sound!
Also just communicating with the guy Antm suggested which also sounds like a sound car..

there we go again.. :D
 
@John767 let me get this right,
you are thinking of flying best part of 300 miles south to buy a £875 car that the current owner traded in a month ago.
The car has been modified for drifting and has a welded diff.
You are then going to drive this car 300 miles back north, having never driven a car with a welded diff.

Well, I'm always up for a daft challenge and having driven a fairly well sorted 150bhp Chevette with a welded diff on the road, have a rough idea what it'll be like. Honestly, you need your bumps felt mate!

If you manage to get it home, the cost of getting it and a diff swap make it not worth it. If you are involved in an accident I'll bet your insurance will be very much void and I bet they won't insure you if you declare the diff.

Keep looking....
 
That does sound like a very solid piece of advice Smiffy, specially the insurance thing.. The getting there and back won't be that terrible, found a megabus for £15. I was quite worried about the diff but but Bozzy was saying it's not bad (he's driven it just now).

I wouldn't probably mind having a car that likes to go sideways.. Just the tires.... :D Would definitely mind paying the tires :D
 
Just spoke to Bozzy who's actually went to see the car and it sounds sound!
Also just communicating with the guy Antm suggested which also sounds like a sound car..

there we go again.. :D

Did @Bozzy get a test drive?

If you buy the car - oil check - water check - periodically - include also a new puncture repair inflation kit - and above all else drive the car carefully - and the best of luck!!
 
Yea, I just spoke to him an hour ago and he was suggesting to go for it..
 
if you do get it, just be bl00dy careful if the roads are wet, unless you are one of the Mcrae clan!
 
When I bought the 2.2 sport I drove it from Poole back to Glasgow haha.. I seem to have a thing for picking up cars that are far away
 
Well I did grow up in Czech mountains.. so I'm used to snow drifting.. Not voluntary at all times but unavoidable haha
 
Back
Top