• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale URGENT help request, car check :)

Ask the seller outright if the car has used for drifting, if it has I would walk away. A 1.9 would, in my opinion, have been worked fairly hard to do this. This car at that price may be viable as a breaker if you have the space? if you bought it and it went tits up!

Tony.
 
Sadly I don't.. Yea he mentioned drifting over the phone.. Question is whether it was power or skill, I've seen people drift with not as much effort of the engine RPM involved.. And than again seen people killing their cars trying to drift..
 
Bozzy, it would be MASSIVELY appreciated. I'm not in a position to be flying up and down for no result.. as I've taken up studying again..

The flags are definitely there, but wouldn't want to miss the chance in case it's good.. The price range is ideal for me just now, but than again that's assuming the car is alright..
@John767 if it has a welded diff how are you going to drive it all the way back home ?
 
Would it be that bad to drive? I never drove a car that had that done
 
Would it be that bad? To drive it? I never drove a car that had that done
I've not driven one with a fixed diff either but I imagine it's not going to want to go round corners.......unless it's side ways :rolleyes:.
 
You can drive a car with a locked diff. on tarmac roads but you have to be ready for the "bulldozer" effect when the car doesn't want to turn at low speeds, much more prevalent at low speeds in town centres etc. We used to weld up the diffs in our F2 stock cars for racing on shale tracks. Not difficult, just different. @Tommy Bates

Tony.
 
Bozzy, is there any chance you could please check it out? Or do you think it's a total waste of time?
 
You can drive a car with a locked diff. on tarmac roads but you have to be ready for the "bulldozer" effect when the car doesn't want to turn at low speeds, much more prevalent at low speeds in town centres etc. We used to weld up the diffs in our F2 stock cars for racing on shale tracks. Not difficult, just different.

Tony.

I would change the diff, I've looked at them and it's possible to get them for about £60-100.. So sort of like a race cart.. got it.. (well, mayyyybe.. fun? :D)
 
Diff. issue not insurmountable John. I f the car is as good as he says then it has to be worth a look. Wish I was closer and not at work tomorrow.

Tony.
 
Bozzy, is there any chance you could please check it out? Or do you think it's a total waste of time?
I don't mind having a look for you,although I have no experience with the 1.9's.
I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask a few questions before heading over there,but personally it sounds to be a risk tbh.

Steve
 
I don't mind having a look for you,although I have no experience with the 1.9's.
I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask a few questions before heading over there,but personally it sounds to be a risk tbh.

Steve

Would be much appreciated.. From what he told all the stuff that was done to it was done by the previous owner..

Although I admit I didn't get half of it as he's got such a bloody thick accent....

Edit: And I'm now used to Scots! Still didn't understand sht.. :D
 
He was telling me that he's got more people coming to see it (assume that sounds quite right considering the price).. I originally wanted to fly there tomorrow early morning, but if you could please give it the check, I would somehow lock the sale through the phone and went there Sunday..
 
=))
Would be much appreciated.. From what he told all the stuff that was done to it was done by the previous owner..

Although I admit I didn't get half of it as he's got such a bloody thick accent....
Haha did he call you"me duck" ? =))
 
IMO I would wait for a car that doesn't have the doubt factor, there is a shed load of 1.9s at that sort of money.
 
Like my marrer is to a Geordie.

Tony.
 
Back
Top