Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I know mate I was just being a clown ;).

I know you're a busy man,how about a Saturday afternoon ?.
Barring hurricanes and earthquakes we should be ok mate, best to contact me before you leave home?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'll pm you mate :).
Better to text or WhatsApp mate, sometimes our crap work WIFI drops out and my Ipad loses it but my phone doesn't.

Tony.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Bloody hell @Bozzy, well done mate, cracking job. :scorecard:

Had a drive up the Vale of Belvoir in mine this pm, cornering is like it's on rails.:racecar:

Dont forget to give me a shout when you go to Tony's.:whistle:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8

Had a drive up the Vale of Belvoir in mine this pm, cornering is like it's on rails.:racecar:

Thanks mate,it didn't take too long.......once I realised you have to undo the drop links to allow the swing arm to lower enough :meh:.

Vale of Belvoir eh,we like it around there. You had a great day got it Brian :thumbsup:. Pleased your zed is performing well on its new suspenders.

All being well I'll be at Tony's this Saturday afternoon do I'll bring the old springs for you :).

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Thanks mate,it didn't take too long.......once I realised you have to undo the drop links to allow the swing arm to lower enough :meh:.

Vale of Belvoir eh,we like it around there. You had a great day got it Brian :thumbsup:. Pleased your zed is performing well on its new suspenders.

All being well I'll be at Tony's this Saturday afternoon do I'll bring the old springs for you :).
Cheers Steve. Having new tyres and alignment done Sat AM, a good excuse for a run to Torksey PM. I think @t-tony has a blanking plate for me too. If I don't make it, could you bring them on Sunday, unless of course they will take up too much room in your boot.

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Just remembered a little tip for the front top mounts @Bozzy. There is an arrow on the top face of the rubber part which points towards the Allen screw that you dispose of. When you fit the mounts the arrow should point to the rear of the car. :thumbsup:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Cheers Steve. Having new tyres and alignment done Sat AM, a good excuse for a run to Torksey PM. I think @t-tony has a blanking plate for me too. If I don't make it, could you bring them on Sunday, unless of course they will take up too much room in your boot.
Yes will do Brian,I'll fit them in fine.
New tyres and alignment should improve it further. I need new front tyres as well,I'll get the tracking done after that.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Just remembered a little tip for the front top mounts @Bozzy. There is an arrow on the top face of the rubber part which points towards the Allen screw that you dispose of. When you fit the mounts the arrow should point to the rear of the car. :thumbsup:
Thanks for that,top tip :thumbsup:.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
I found it rather cheap to replace the complete rack ends when i had mine tracked it gives you new ball joints and all the adjusters are replaced makes it an easy job.
Its piece of mind too replacing all the joints so you know also when the tracking is done its not a waste of money.
Screenshot_20170519-082722.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That's what Simon and I fitted on his Z3 a few weeks ago.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Bryan, found a blanking plate for you mate. @Eddie Zedder

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Massive thanks to @t-tony for giving up his time this afternoon to fit my new front suspension :thankyou:.
WP_20170520_13_57_46_Pro.jpg

The near side was a pig to get off as it must of been the original. The near side was much easier as that one appeared to have been replaced at some time.

The drive home was a joy,the steering feels much better and ride much improved.
Didn't try too hard on corners though as it threw it down with rain.

It sits higher than before,but it'll settle a bit more with use.
WP_20170520_19_34_50_Pro.jpg

I'm really happy with it and glad I kept it standard.
I must say having seen what was involved,there was no way I would have completed this on my own,on my driveway.

Was great to see you and Shirl again mate and thanks for the cuppas.
We'll have to meet up for a cruise and a bite to eat some time mate if you fancy it.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Massive thanks to @t-tony for giving up his time this afternoon to fit my new front suspension :thankyou:.
View attachment 56256

The near side was a pig to get off as it must of been the original. The near side was much easier as that one appeared to have been replaced at some time.

The drive home was a joy,the steering feels much better and ride much improved.
Didn't try too hard on corners though as it threw it down with rain.

It sits higher than before,but it'll settle a bit more with use.
View attachment 56257

I'm really happy with it and glad I kept it standard.
I must say having seen what was involved,there was no way I would have completed this on my own,on my driveway.

Was great to see you and Shirl again mate and thanks for the cuppas.
We'll have to meet up for a cruise and a bite to eat some time mate if you fancy it.
That would be nice Steve, as soon as the boss is up to it. I'm hoping she'll be ok to go to Clumber Park next month as it's fairly short journey.
Waiting for Steve to arrive earlier,
020.jpg

Instruments ready for the surgery.
021.jpg

It threw it down here just after you left mate when I went chasing after the "Meat Man" as @Grumpy calls him.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
That would be nice Steve, as soon as the boss is up to it. I'm hoping she'll be ok to go to Clumber Park next month as it's fairly short journey.
Waiting for Steve to arrive earlier,
View attachment 56265
Instruments ready for the surgery.
View attachment 56266

It threw it down here just after you left mate when I went chasing after the "Meat Man" as @Grumpy calls him.

Tony.
That spring compressor may look like a medieval torture device but it was a god send today :thumbsup:.
How's that for service eh,Tony was stood there in the garage waiting and ready to start :cool:.

Hope you caught up with the meat man ;).

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hope you caught up with the meat man ;).
Sure did mate only a couple of miles away, got soaked getting to his van and back to my car though.=))

Tony.