Soft close problems boot e89 Z4

Martin Bos

Hello,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Martin Bos from the Netherlands. And recently the owner of a Z4 35i. That's why I joined this forum. Now since yesterday I have the problem that the soft close of the boot keeps switching on and off. Now I saw that it is a common problem. Does anybody has the solutions? Thanks in advance!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Some video available on YouTube which shows the fault and how to repair it.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Last edited:

ExMX5owner

ǝᴉssnⱯ ʎllᴉS
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Gidday Martin, I,m certain SV8Predator , slipped and hit the next emoji over from the one he meant to hit being "Agreed", I did similar on my phone recently, I got a bum emoji sent to me, I thought, that's a bit off. But on scrutiny, and with my glasses on I realised I had sent a middle finger as opposed to a thumbs up just prior. Lesson I learnt don't use emojis without my glasses..The wrong picture says a thousand wrong words.. Contrary to how it appears, this forum has a wealth of knowledge to share.
But a belated welcome to the forum, lets see a pic of your Z, please..:thumbsup:

Last edited:

B21

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 35is
Soft close failure is usually the wires leading to the lock assembly failing near the lock…

Probably the Z4 Forum is your best place as it’s been written up there and there’s a resident expert RobbiZ4 who has written this up extensively..welcome by the way 👌

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Agree the write up on the Z4 forum explains it perfectly and with photos.