Write Up Silverstone Classic 2014 Zedfest

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Hi all,

Great first day at Silverstone and very hot too, here are some pics of the day.

Attachments

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Ian giving his pipes a good seeing to.
image.jpg

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
It was a bit overcast first thing this morning but cleared to beautiful blue sky by midday. Plenty of racing action throughout the day and was topped off by one car catching fire just before we were to leave which engulfed the entire circuit in thick black acrid smoke, a very expensive GT type car totally wasted ouch!

BMW hospitality maybe not quite on par with last year as there is no indoor air conditioned refuge but free ice cream and the big wheel are on offer. Must say the new M3 and M4 looked really nice that were on display.

Duncan was there directing parking for the club and was in a very much more relaxed and jovial mood this year not having as much organising responsibilities as last year. His faithful sidekick Hazel was of course there full of enthusiasm as usual and giving us all a good laugh.

If you are coming tomorrow then you are in for a real treat as always and the weather looks to continue throughout the weekend so couldn't ask for more.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Why didn't you go gaz?
A few reasons all coming together at the wrong time Mark.

I'm moving house next Friday and I'm pushed sorting that out on my own. Plus it's an expensive weekend and I can't justify the cost until I'm all sorted after the move.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Yep we are all in the pub now having a good old chinwag. :beer

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
P
Yep we are all in the pub now having a good old chinwag. :beer
Please have several Guinness' for me, unfortunetly due to family circumstance couldn't float it but sure wanted to meet everyone. Especially after our godfather's visit. Maybe next year Frankie?? Enjoy!! JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hope you all enjoy Silverstone ...... while I'm slaving away at work.:(

Seriously though, guys and girls, have a great time and keep us posted please.:)

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Drove through torrential for several hours to get to the hotel, the sun is shinning here, have met up with several zedders here, looking forward to tomorrow, and catching up with people
Quite the opposite for me temp hit 30 degrees on the way down, 410 miles top down all the way, just one detour on route (well went the wrong way really). See you all later today :)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Have a great time all. The weather looks like it'll be good for the weekend. Don'forget lots of pics. :)