Sharing Helpful Coronavirus Tips for Everyday Living

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I have two cats. Adorable, fur balls they are, too.

I’m being inventive about when their cat litter runs out: instead of putting my shredded office paper into the recycling bin for collection, I intend to use it in my cats’ litter trays and then dispose of the dirty “cat paper” in black bin liners, putting them in the non-recyclable bin. This way, my cats have clean litter trays and the paper finds a second use.

What inventive ways are you finding to stay safe at home and not have to go out into the mass mayhem which is panic buying in the shops?

Richardrix

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0
I have worked from home for the last 2 years. I don't really go out at night and I don't drink alcohol. If I need anything during the day I use my local shops which are in walking distance. Basically, nothing has changed for me so far apart from I can't go to the gym of a morning so my youngest and I have taken to having a run in the local park (she wanted to do Couch to 5k) which is 2 minute walk from our house. At 6.30am there is no one around. Our local shops have bread, milk, tea bags and all the necesseties (chocolate) and there are no queues, etc. This weekend I played with the Z3 and washed my wifes Beetle and did some gardening.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Now the PM has announced what is effectively “Lockdown UK”, it is vital we share ideas as to how to make our provisions go further.

I have some more ideas to share with you and look forward to your ideas as to how to make what we already have in our cupboards go further as we stay indoors to stay safe and help everyone and our beloved NHS carry on.

#StayHomeStaySafe

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
A few recipes for all these toilet rolls would be handy.:whistle:
I have recipes - not of the paper fibre sort =))
Can post some if anyone wants any. Not compulsory. Won’t poison =))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Now the PM has announced what is effectively “Lockdown UK”,
You see this is exactly the problem Dawn, Boris Johnson hasn't actually used the words he needed to (and announced a lock down), because the Terminally Stupid will not do what is needed until they are told to.:rage::rage: Anyone with half as brain cell would be able to work it out but sadly there are those that don't climb into this category.

Tony.

ps. I may just go the other side of the fence and start planting some veg.;)

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Hello Zedders.
Well, inner calm and tranquility moment via a 25 minutes gentle, very easy yoga session had this morning in this time of stress and uncertainty has certainly been great for mind and body.

#StayHomeHelpNHSsaveLives

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
No need to go to fat club for a few weeks. Our fridge is like old mother Hubbard's cupboard. I'll have a body like a racing snake by the end of next month

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
No need to go to fat club for a few weeks. Our fridge is like old mother Hubbard's cupboard. I'll have a body like a racing snake by the end of next month
You’ll need toilet roll, mind =))

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
I'll just spread 'em and stamp my feet

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Talking of toilet roll, I have an improvised idea on how to “stuff” toilet roll and save on our trees.

If and when you run out of the stuff now worth “thousands” - toilet roll - rather than battle for some of this elusive stuff in the supermarkets, try a homemade solution.

We all have an old towel or two we’ve been meaning to discard or put in a charity bag. Well, cut one up into squares and use as substitute toilet roll which you can rinse out after use and pop in the washing machine to wash for future use.

Voila!

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
I read that as "we all have an old trowel" .... there you go, just make sure you make the end blunt though before you put it near your mouse hole

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I read that as "we all have an old trowel" .... there you go, just make sure you make the end blunt though before you put it near your mouse hole
See! Unprecedented times! Your eyesight has gone!!! =))*
*Hopefully, only on that one post!

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
I have a good tip if you're worried about food supply or going to the shops often.

Do your research first and try intermittent fasting.
I've been doing it for over a year now. I generally fast from 10pm at night to 4pm the next afternoon drinking only water.
There are a lot of healthy benefits to fasting in general. Your body will kick the crap out of you for a month while you adjust to it after eating 3 meals a day for your entire life. But once you're adapted, you'll not go back. Or if you do (as I do usually on weekends) you'll feel bad about it.
In current times, you can do prolonged fasting periods, few days at a time, this helps the gut to recover and your body to kill off any old cells and bacteria.
If you cant do a few days you can do 1 meal a day. Once your body is acclimatised, you can fast all day, have a snack while you make your evening meal, then you're full for the night, cup of tea in bed and you're sorted!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I've been doing it for over a year now. I generally fast from 10pm at night to 4pm the next afternoon drinking only water.
I've intermittent fasted for the last 5 months on a 16:8 and don't eat from 7pm to 11am. Made a huge difference to my eating habits :thumbsup:

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
I've intermittent fasted for the last 5 months on a 16:8 and don't eat from 7pm to 11am. Made a huge difference to my eating habits :thumbsup:
It really sets you free in alot of ways doesnt it. No rushing around for breakfast before work. No mcdonalds for lunch. Nice healthy meal for tea and a few snacks/fruit. I eat when I'm bored though, so when I'm home all day I need to find something to do or I'll stuff a pack of biscuits haha

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
16:8 ratio? 16 days normal 3 meals a day and 8 fasting?

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
I have a good tip if you're worried about food supply or going to the shops often.

There are a lot of healthy benefits to fasting in general. Your body will kick the crap out of you for a month while you adjust to it after eating 3 meals a day for your entire life. But once you're adapted, you'll not go back. Or if you do (as I do usually on weekends) you'll feel bad about it.
In current times, you can do prolonged fasting periods, few days at a time, this helps the gut to recover and your body to kill off any old cells and bacteria.
If you cant do a few days you can do 1 meal a day. Once your body is acclimatised, you can fast all day, have a snack while you make your evening meal, then you're full for the night, cup of tea in bed and you're sorted!
Are you fasting 10pm to 4pm the next day every day?