Sean d progress thread

buze

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Facelift
Can we get more details on that? It looks awesome, and I'd LOVE to do it to mine. Is it a switch hidden under the rear badge? Where from, how much, etc etc ;-)

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Can we get more details on that? It looks awesome, and I'd LOVE to do it to mine. Is it a switch hidden under the rear badge? Where from, how much, etc etc ;-)
It opens via a switch in the cockpit, I fitted a central locking actuator to trigger it.

DaveP

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Kobra rebody (see pic)
Fitting this lot tomorrow at the Midlands Z shed with the gang @t-tony @Antm72 @Bozzy
View attachment 62947
Great job on the smooth bum Zed. Great touch and cool paint job.

I see you bought control arms - they Meyle or another make ? Looking forward to seeing what you think of the Reflexes. There are lots of opinions about shocks but not many reviews on a Zed :)

Keep up the inspiring work.

Dave

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Great job on the smooth bum Zed. Great touch and cool paint job.

I see you bought control arms - they Meyle or another make ? Looking forward to seeing what you think of the Reflexes. There are lots of opinions about shocks but not many reviews on a Zed :)

Keep up the inspiring work.

Dave
Thanks for the kind words Dave, the car is transformed and its mainly down to the shocks I believe, the difference is night and day but the old shocks where well and truly shagged, we didn't fit the wish bones as the M lolly pops didn't arrive, the tram lining has completely gone and the whole car feels much more precise and flat in the bends,
The wishbones are unbranded as I took a punt on Ebay but the quality looks to be good.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Just a blanking plug.

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Sean,
That looks AWESOME!! Wish you were over here in the states. Quick question (I'm sure someone already asked); with the boot lock gone, how will you open the boot??
Thanks for the kind words Conrad, if you look at the vid you can see that it opens via an actuator from a button inside the cockpit, failing that there is a hole behind the BMW roundel with a grommet in it.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Like that Sean. Top job mate.

Tony.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Your Zed if not already will soon be best in-class mate, great work and stunning looking Zed.
:scorecard: