Sean d progress thread

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
I don't like this discussion at all @Sean d i see my chances of having that car fading away with each word I read! But a 3.2 with six gears would be appealing no doubt. Wish I had an extra gear for my 1.9! Anyone know of a trans that fits?? JIM

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
@Sean d it will fit but like you've just found out... they're pricy. The 6 gear'ed trans does fit but you need to mod the tunnel to fit it, it's a bit longer. Theres a guy on zpost who did it.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I don't like this discussion at all @Sean d i see my chances of having that car fading away with each word I read! But a 3.2 with six gears would be appealing no doubt. Wish I had an extra gear for my 1.9! Anyone know of a trans that fits?? JIM
Its ok Jim don't panic just yet, I need to weigh up what it will cost to do an engine swap as well as rear axle against buying a cat c 3.0l, if I was to buy a cat c I wouldn't strip mine as that would make it worthless, I would simply start again.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Glad to hear that Sean! It's such a Beautiful car but then again it is yours and you have to do what's best for you afterall and I'll survive knowing whatever you do will be interesting and entertaining! JIM

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Excellent job Sean, as always:thumbsup:

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Now then now then. Looks good mate.
Still think with your car being as good as it is a transplant is the answer.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Now then now then. Looks good mate.
Still think with your car being as good as it is a transplant is the answer.
You may well be right oh grumpy one, I can source a 3.0 complete for around £500 but then the labour would add a lot to that @Lee could you give me some sort of idea on labour costs

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
You may well be right oh grumpy one, I can source a 3.0 complete for around £500 but then the labour would add a lot to that @Lee could you give me some sort of idea on labour costs
Mate, knowing Lee I'm sure he'll be on the other end of the phone/online/pigeon should you need his help, Tony is close by and I am a qualified tea boy! :D

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Mate, knowing Lee I'm sure he'll be on the other end of the phone/online/pigeon should you need his help, Tony is close by and I am a qualified tea boy! :D
We will need all hands on deck. @t-tony will have to help :D