Sean d progress thread

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Looks really well mate. Will there be a pic tomorrow with it in situ? ;)
Not a chance pal, I've done 13 days back to back and looking forward to a day off, Molly has her best friend here tonight so I am taking them to the woods tomorrow, tarzan swings and crossing logs over the river it is,

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Not a chance pal, I've done 13 days back to back and looking forward to a day off, Molly has her best friend here tonight so I am taking them to the woods tomorrow, tarzan swings and crossing logs over the river it is,
Good for you mate, my day off tomorrow too.

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Lovely mate. Proper bit of family time.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Got the air filter fitted today, not been out yet but love the sound, this pic has inspired me to do the engine bay as it looks a disgrace, I will spray it to match the body colour, had a good look and most of the ancillary parts are quite easy to remove.
I need to re-route the pipe for the expansion tank and fabricate some sort of bracket for the filter. Also need to get some silicone hose to bring the filter down towards the front and make a shield
ramair1.jpg

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Got the air filter fitted today, not been out yet but love the sound, this pic has inspired me to do the engine bay as it looks a disgrace, I will spray it to match the body colour, had a good look and most of the ancillary parts are quite easy to remove.
I need to re-route the pipe for the expansion tank and fabricate some sort of bracket for the filter. Also need to get some silicone hose to bring the filter down towards the front and make a shield View attachment 48327
Looks great sat there Sean

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Spot on mate :thumbsup: It never ends but that is all part of the attraction of cars :)

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Sean, what will you do once the muffler bearings are chromed and polished along with the muffler and all the pipes??? JIM

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Can I have this one?? Please, please! I'll give you visitation rights in writing!! JIM
PS: it's my absolute favourite and I'll love it forever!!

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Been there done that Sean and bought the car but not the t-shirt! In case you weren't aware I got my car from just outside London, shipped it to Canada and then to my driveway. Went off without a hitch except when they lost it for over a week. Handled everything with only my iPhone until it reached Canada. JIM

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Been there done that Sean and bought the car but not the t-shirt! In case you weren't aware I got my car from just outside London, shipped it to Canada and then to my driveway. Went off without a hitch except when they lost it for over a week. Handled everything with only my iPhone until it reached Canada. JIM
Thats pretty impressive mate, you can have first refusal when the time comes, maybe sooner then you think if the right 3.0l comes my way, not until this one is complete of course ;)

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Got a couple of hours spare today so I got the M bumper fitted, I love it as it really transforms the front and gives it a more aggressive look.
mbump5.jpg
mbump6.jpg
mbup7.jpg

I also cleaned and polished the alloy bumper bar
mbump8.jpg

I also managed to start the nut and bolt refurb of the engine bay

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Didn't have a great deal of time but managed to start the engine bay refurb, started with the bonnet landing panel, just lots of very small rust spots, these where stripped back and primed, I will be removing as much as I can from the inner wings and front end when the time comes to paint it.
engine bay.jpg
engine bay1.jpg
engine bay2.jpg
engine bay3.jpg
engine bay4.jpg

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
More work in the pipeline then? Good stuff!

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
That's what I thought on seeing the post, with respect to you on the excellent work already done! Is the boot getting a similar treatment?

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
That's what I thought on seeing the post, with respect to you on the excellent work already done! Is the boot getting a similar treatment?
Thank you, I did most of the boot when I did the rest of the car, just the under side of the lid and a couple of small bits.

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Good luck with the small stuff still to do - you are getting very close to scoping for a 3.0?