Event Scottish run 22nd / 23rd September 2018

Jakewilson

Model of Z
2003 Z4 2.5 SE - Stirling Grey
Hi Jake, I'd love to know what on earth it is you find disappointing about your Z4?
Hi John, absolutely nothing, bar the colour!

Prior to coming 'back' to BMW, I was heavily involved in the post BMW MG Rover vehicles. One of their colours was called 'XPower Grey' to make the colour sound exciting, which sarcastically was renamed amongst owners as 'disappointing grey'. XPower & Stirling are quite similar.

My e61 is space grey also, so there's no escaping the colour!

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster

Prior to coming 'back' to BMW, I was heavily involved in the post BMW MG Rover vehicles. One of their colours was called 'XPower Grey' to make the colour sound exciting, which sarcastically was renamed amongst owners as 'disappointing grey'. XPower & Stirling are quite similar.

Best colour for the E85, red for the E89 and Cosmos Black for the Z3. Oh, red for the Z1 and silver for the Z8. Other colours are available :D

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

While I do have to agree that Sterling Grey is a well used colour, I don't agree that it's disappointing Jake. You just need to use your imagination and a few £ and you can make yours that bit different than every other. I have done a few bits but not finished yet, not by a long shot!
Tony Stirling Grey wheels.jpg

When it's clean and shiny it looks just as good as any other.:thumbsup:

Tony.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
While I do have to agree that Sterling Grey is a well used colour, I don't agree that it's disappointing Jake. You just need to use your imagination and a few £ and you can make yours that bit different than every other. I have done a few bits but not finished yet, not by a long shot!
View attachment 71502

Tony.
Right colour for the car mate, IMHO.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
View attachment 71502

Tony.
You got your wheels done now Tony, or is that photo shopped ?. Looks good anyway :thumbsup:.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
No mate, still dreaming. Hoping to take them over at the end of the month. I think they will look ok.

Tony.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
In your opinion.......
Thats one thing you will definitely find on here is opinions :) but i wouldnt take them too much to heart :whistle:
Everyone has a slight bias as to what they own :thumbsup:for example in @Andy McDonnell has a bias to his cosmos black zed ( which is a stunning car with its red interior :cool:) but for me i love my dakar yellow ( bar the bits of paint i need sorted :() i really like the black roof yellow paint combo and my personal preference is i like a lot of of the more limited colours like dakar and fiji green etc as i think the bright colour combos really suit the zed 3 .:D:D
But at the end of the day thats my opinion and others will disagree but if we all agreed and liked the exact same things the world would be a bit grey me thinks :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Stephen.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Thats one thing you will definitely find on here is opinions :) but i wouldnt take them too much to heart :whistle:
Everyone has a slight bias as to what they own :thumbsup:for example in @Andy McDonnell has a bias to his cosmos black zed ( which is a stunning car with its red interior :cool:) but for me i love my dakar yellow ( bar the bits of paint i need sorted :() i really like the black roof yellow paint combo and my personal preference is i like a lot of of the more limited colours like dakar and fiji green etc as i think the bright colour combos really suit the zed 3 .:D:D
But at the end of the day thats my opinion and others will disagree but if we all agreed and liked the exact same things the world would be a bit grey me thinks :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Stephen.
:scorecard:

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Hi everyone.
This is the dates for the 2018 Scottish run
22nd / 23rd September 2018.
This years run will be the Highlands Inverness-shire / Perthshire) the final route to be confirmed. Details to follow .
This years run is a joint collaboration with myself @Redsheep @Sully
The next 2 post are reserved for adding the route maps hotels etc which i will get put up as it's finalised any questions jusk ask happy to help.
As the route start is a bit further north this year i will more than likely organise a mini cruise up to the start from Glasgow area i think heading up through loch lomond and the trossachs national park .

Attendees.
1. @Redsheep and @Mrs Redsheep
2. @Sully & @Wee_Bob's_Mum
3. @Stevo7682 & @Mrs Stevo
4. @Brian H
5. @Jjim & ' the boss '
6. @John Thompson
7. @BillyB & mrs billyb
8. @mid life crisis & Ann
9. @Nodzed
10. @Jakewilson
Hi Steve.
I would like to attend this event if you'll have me + 1

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Hi everyone.
This is the dates for the 2018 Scottish run
22nd / 23rd September 2018.
This years run will be the Highlands Inverness-shire / Perthshire) the final route to be confirmed. Details to follow .
This years run is a joint collaboration with myself @Redsheep @Sully
The next 2 post are reserved for adding the route maps hotels etc which i will get put up as it's finalised any questions jusk ask happy to help.
As the route start is a bit further north this year i will more than likely organise a mini cruise up to the start from Glasgow area i think heading up through loch lomond and the trossachs national park .

Attendees.
1. @Redsheep and @Mrs Redsheep
2. @Sully & @Wee_Bob's_Mum
3. @Stevo7682 & @Mrs Stevo
4. @Brian H
5. @Jjim & ' the boss '
6. @John Thompson
7. @BillyB & mrs billyb
8. @mid life crisis & Ann
9. @Nodzed
10. @Jakewilson
11. @Low Rider +1
Hello Steve, Cruise Chit filled out, handed in and sanctioned. Can you add me to the list please? Look forward to it :thumbsup:

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks Steve. Many many great roads with scenery to Match.
Pretty good run all the way for you mate you are already in a scenic part of the country then you got a run up through the southern uplands then central belt loch lomond and the trossachs national park and thats just to get to the start.:)

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Pretty good run all the way for you mate you are already in a scenic part of the country then you got a run up through the southern uplands then central belt loch lomond and the trossachs national park and thats just to get to the start.:)
Yup, order sun please :D

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Yup, order sun please :D
There's many things i could guarantee but the 1 thing got no chance of a guarantee with is the weather.
This is Scotland every day is a weather lottery.
All i can say Andy is
It will be great come rain or shine that i will commit to. :thumbsup: