New Zed Nut

Zorro01

Hi all,

Well it only took about 20 years of dreaming but 2 weeks ago I took possession of my black Z3 2001 1.9 and I love it. 300 miles of driving so far and all seems good.

I’m here to learn as there are loads of little (and maybe big) jobs to do. But I’ll come to my many questions later.

Thanks to all of the helpful forum post writers who have helped me already in my research while lurking on this forum for the past 2 months or so. Glad to see there are regulars here from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 as I’m based in Glasgow.

Keen to have this car on the road regularly and wanted to say hi to a bunch of people who will be able to appreciate how special this car is to me.

I’ll get some photos up once I have some nice ones. My avatar picture was taken in the middle of a frosty December night - best time to collect a soft top in Scotland, right!?

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Welcome from me too near Lincoln.

Tony.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
Welcome to the Fourum, the best on the Web, all you will ever need to know can be found on here, if you can’t just ask bound to be someone who has the answer.
Bolster your toolbox with a code reader/Scanner bound to need one sooner or later and it pays for itself first time you have to use it rather than pay at a garage.
I use laptop software but also have a Creator 310 handheld which is very portable and keep it in the boot. Worth noting you will need to plug in to the 20 pin diagnostic socket in the engine bay so will need a 20 Pin to 16pin cable changer. The obd2 socket under the steering wheel only reads engine and gearbox modules but the 20 Pin socket reads all modules on the car. All available on eBay or Amazon.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:welcome:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
deleted wrong thread :facepalm:

Last edited:

Robert Hill

Zorg Guru (III)
Hi all,

Well it only took about 20 years of dreaming but 2 weeks ago I took possession of my black Z3 2001 1.9 and I love it. 300 miles of driving so far and all seems good.

I’m here to learn as there are loads of little (and maybe big) jobs to do. But I’ll come to my many questions later.

Thanks to all of the helpful forum post writers who have helped me already in my research while lurking on this forum for the past 2 months or so. Glad to see there are regulars here from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 as I’m based in Glasgow.

Keen to have this car on the road regularly and wanted to say hi to a bunch of people who will be able to appreciate how special this car is to me.

I’ll get some photos up once I have some nice ones. My avatar picture was taken in the middle of a frosty December night - best time to collect a soft top in Scotland, right!?
this is my z3 mora metallica i have rebuilt her and all the under side is powder coated if you need advice just drop me a line

Attachments