Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
They do look nice I think Steve and even if they only last a year, at this price I don't mind. Pop the old one out the bottom of the door card and plug a new one in and pop it back in the bottom.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2PCS-CREE-LED-Welcome-Projector-Shadow-Courtesy-Puddle-Logo-Door-Light-For-BMW/372443069761?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Tony.
Like you say, not expensive or difficult to replace. The hardest bit was the initial installation and the wiring etc, not that I've done it on mine yet.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Like you say, not expensive or difficult to replace. The hardest bit was the initial installation and the wiring etc, not that I've done it on mine yet.
I bought set about a year ago for the Dakar still not fitted :oops::oops:
But got a new plan for them now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I noticed last week that the puddle lights with the BMW logo that fitted a year ago had started to lose the logo definition so I bought some replacements and fitted them today after Benny had a bath.
View attachment 96418
The door handle leds were in need of a clean too. The roads have been really grubby round here.
View attachment 96419

Tony.
Benny? Never heard you refer to him as Benny before mate. This is our Benny, similar looking I'm sure you'll agree :)
20151016_214743.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Christmas presents fitted today. Front drop links, as the O/S upper boot was split.
20190223_122620.jpg

Looks like original items as the nuts were 16mm. after market ones usually 17mm or 19mm.
20190223_124237.jpg

N/S boots were ok but changed both drop links anyway.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Christmas presents fitted today. Front drop links, as the O/S upper boot was split.
View attachment 96724
Looks like original items as the nuts were 16mm. after market ones usually 17mm or 19mm.
View attachment 96723
N/S boots were ok but changed both drop links anyway.

Tony.
The old ones lasted well mate.
Will you feel much difference with the new ones fitted ?.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
The old ones lasted well mate.
Will you feel much difference with the new ones fitted ?.
I doubt it Steve, the ball joints were fine just the boot split. I never understood why this was brought in as a failure.

Tony.

Craig Machin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Great write up of nice mods. I must say the heads up display is great I have it on my X3 Msport

2DunnsZ3

Zorg Guru (I)
American Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 5 speed roadster
Everything looks top shelf Tony. You have definitely put some time into it. Does that light just wire up where the old bulb was?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Everything looks top shelf Tony. You have definitely put some time into it. Does that light just wire up where the old bulb was?
If you mean the puddle lights? No it didn't have them I had to run wires from the footwell lights into the doors and cut holes in the bottom of the door cards.

Tony

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Finally got the Airbag light issue sorted today (only taken a while ........... ) needed to have it done ready for the M.O.T. due next month. I could clear the fault but it would come back fairly quickly. Turned out to be in the "B" pillar circuit. Had to get a local Auto Electrician called Gordon Tasker to help me out. If you're in the Lincoln area I can highly recommend Gordon, have dealt with him for quite a long time now.
20190222_141428.jpg
20190222_141408.jpg
20190222_135822.jpg

Will be the first time in 17 years that my test certificate won't have my name on it.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
And Shirl's, so that's 34 in total.:thumbsup:

Tony.

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Finally got the Airbag light issue sorted today (only taken a while ........... ) needed to have it done ready for the M.O.T. due next month. I could clear the fault but it would come back fairly quickly. Turned out to be in the "B" pillar circuit. Had to get a local Auto Electrician called Gordon Tasker to help me out. If you're in the Lincoln area I can highly recommend Gordon, have dealt with him for quite a long time now.
View attachment 96841 View attachment 96842 View attachment 96840

Will be the first time in 17 years that my test certificate won't have my name on it.

Tony.
bet that has been on since you owned the car..... there again you knew someone in the trade back then..... :whistle: =))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
It did come back on soon after the last test Pete. On my way home if I recall.right.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Exactly 1 year ago @Royaloak asked me "How are you doing with your repairs Tony?", this after my car got up close and personal with the tow ball on a Nissan X-Trail last summer, well only now I have an answer to that question. I've been working up to this job slowly=))
Yesterday I got the car into the garage and dried it off ready for putting up on stands, wheels off for this. Off with the old,
088.jpg
089.jpg
092.jpg

And on with the new.
20180803_180741.jpg

See the difference in the "Unmodified" version.;)
A big thank you to Roy @Rha who very kindly came all the way up here to help me with the refitting and fettling (of which there was quite a bit).
Anyway after some hard work, and sausage butties for lunch (courtesy of Shirl:)) we fitted £225 (ish) of plastic from BMW and ended up with it looking soooooooooooo much better.
So much so that I treated the old beastie to some polish and machine polished the headlights.
096.jpg
097.jpg
098.jpg
099.jpg

I need to source and fit a new splitter before ZedFest as I tore it on a kerb at the Co-oP Pharmacy in Saxilby last week. I must get into the habit of reversing into car park spaces.:p.

And, just to prove he was here, got his hands dirty and took a new car home with him.:thumbsup:
090.jpg
091.jpg

Many,many thanks Roy.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Exactly 1 year ago @Royaloak asked me "How are you doing with your repairs Tony?", this after my car got up close and personal with the tow ball on a Nissan X-Trail last summer, well only now I have an answer to that question. I've been working up to this job slowly=))
Yesterday I got the car into the garage and dried it off ready for putting up on stands, wheels off for this. Off with the old,
View attachment 110161 View attachment 110163 View attachment 110165
And on with the new.
View attachment 110167
See the difference in the "Unmodified" version.;)
A big thank you to Roy @Rha who very kindly came all the way up here to help me with the refitting and fettling (of which there was quite a bit).
Anyway after some hard work, and sausage butties for lunch (courtesy of Shirl:)) we fitted £225 (ish) of plastic from BMW and ended up with it looking soooooooooooo much better.
So much so that I treated the old beastie to some polish and machine polished the headlights.
View attachment 110171 View attachment 110173 View attachment 110175 View attachment 110177

I need to source and fit a new splitter before ZedFest as I tore it on a kerb at the Co-oP Pharmacy in Saxilby last week. I must get into the habit of reversing into car park spaces.:p.

And, just to prove he was here, got his hands dirty and took a new car home with him.:thumbsup:
View attachment 110179 View attachment 110181

Many,many thanks Roy.

Tony.
Great work boys :thumbsup:.
Looks like new again Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Really happy with it, thanks Steve. Made me feel like taking care of it again if I'm honest mate. At some point I think a new bumper will be on the cards but for now it looks better than it did.

Tony.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Cracking job